MapVoteLA13 released

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

MapVoteLA13 Questions

I'm using it and like it BUT...people on my server say that when they try to kick people sometimes that they get a message about not being able to kick an administrator or something like that. The people they are trying to kick aren't admins nor are those same people logged in as admins so what is going on there?

Does someone have a complete readme that explains all of the options with this mod? Several options aren't described in the readme. I have been all through this forum as suggested in the "readme" and don't have the answers I need to some questions.

Did BDB help with this. I think I saw that he was involved with this version of MapVote. I have seen many advantages to this over previous versions and just want to be able to set it up easily as I have always been able to with the other versions.

Thanks in advance for any help. Later and BTW, I will come back with more questions as I get these first few issues resolved.

is it possible to set how many bots there are on the game ?

i have in list 2 TRAININGS MAPS , and i dont want lame-bots in those maps .

in list 1 3 4 its okay with them .

not many are using the " settings " so i dident find any post about turning off bots .

greeetzzZZzz

MinPlayers=x where x is amount of bots, controls how many bots are in a game. Add that under the settings option in a config.

arh oke .. .. i tryed setting it only for what i call XDM ...

but it must be set for DM TDM XDM .. not only 1 of them .. but works perfekt now .. thanks for the quick answer..

hope you all have a great weekend.

Hello?

Hermskii said:
I'm using it and like it BUT...people on my server say that when they try to kick people sometimes that they get a message about not being able to kick an administrator or something like that. The people they are trying to kick aren't admins nor are those same people logged in as admins so what is going on there?

Does someone have a complete readme that explains all of the options with this mod? Several options aren't described in the readme. I have been all through this forum as suggested in the "readme" and don't have the answers I need to some questions.

Did BDB help with this. I think I saw that he was involved with this version of MapVote. I have seen many advantages to this over previous versions and just want to be able to set it up easily as I have always been able to with the other versions.

Thanks in advance for any help. Later and BTW, I will come back with more questions as I get these first few issues resolved.

C'mon man! Help a guy out please! Someone knows what is going on with this I'm sure. Thanks!

*pop*

Hermskii said:

1) I never heard of that kickvote problem, tho it is possible that you are running some strange mod that interferes with the mapvote. Feel free to send me your detailed serversetup and I maybe can take a look

2) All the main features of this mapvote are in the Readme or in these Threads:
MapvoteLA13
MapvoteLA12
Some less popular features you may guess when you take a look at the ini parameters ;)

if you still have any questions feel free to ask here ;)

oh yeah i have a quick one ( more ) hehe ..

i dont know if its a know bug . or its just me ..

but i found that i cant change the hotkey to the mapvote ,, and new players cant set a hotkey at all ... ?

everyone can see it in CONFIG but noone can make a hotkey

Reactions: Hardcore
[DANISH]SNIPER said:
oh yeah i have a quick one ( more ) hehe ..

i dont know if its a know bug . or its just me ..

but i found that i cant change the hotkey to the mapvote ,, and new players cant set a hotkey at all ... ?

everyone can see it in CONFIG but noone can make a hotkey

It's you! :hide:

If hotkey means binding it to a key, there is. Easiest way is to go into your User.ini file & do this: B=mutate bdbmapvote votemenu (where B is the key for example). Mission Accomplished. :)

Reactions: -=TaRgEt=-
Cratos said:
[MapVoteLA13.BDBMapVote]
MapListIfNooneVoted=1/2/3/4
bEnableEmptyServerLevelSwitch=True
EmptyServerLevelSwitchTimeMins=15

the list you specify in 'MapListIfNooneVoted' will be the default maplist used by both features ;)

Hmmm, ya know what . thats not even nessasary . I discovered it will revert back to what ever default gametype you have specified in your UT.ini. But this may have something to do with my next problem .

I am running three gametypes on the mapvotela13
Deathmatch , Monsterhunt , and Instagib deathmatch.
My server is also set to do stats logging useing UTStats Beta 4.
It was working fine with one gametype. but now that I have switched to MapvoteLA13 its not logging the stats anymore. Do you have any idea what configuring i may need to do in the mapvote that would fix this? The server is still creating logs but they are not logging the kills.:(

Last edited:
Reactions: -=TaRgEt=-
I don't think this has anything to do with the mapvote, we are running several servers with stats and mapvote and there is no problem at all.

But that's quite easy to check, why don't you just disable the mapvote mutator via webadmin, change to the desired gametype and check if utstats behaves different?

MapVpteLA13

First like to say hey to everyone. Second I have a problem with MapvoteLA 13 . I just installed it set up on my ut 99 server.The problem I am having since I did this is my crosshairs , chat in game, hud , smart ctf , and utpure 7G will not work.But the mapvote works fine.Take mapvote down, and the others work fine.Anyone know what the problem could be ?

Sarah

I Have

I have removed the mapvoteLA13 and everything will work perfect. Put it on only thing that works is the mapvote.
I don't understand it to be honest.This was done through webadmin in mutators.I just don't know what else to try or do to get this to work. :(

Cratos said:
I don't think this has anything to do with the mapvote, we are running several servers with stats and mapvote and there is no problem at all.

But that's quite easy to check, why don't you just disable the mapvote mutator via webadmin, change to the desired gametype and check if utstats behaves different?

Is smartctf etc being loaded as an actor or as a package/mutator, if its the later are you specifiying in the mapvote ini what mutators it should load with ctf or have you manaully tried adding the mutators via webadmin after loading mapvote.

Smartctf etc is beingloaded as a mutator. Everytime i restart server I have to login to webadmin to load them all.This includes mapvote. Maybe I am doing soemthing wrong which is obvious I am, lol . I guess I should say I am new to this being a server owner and it's quite puzzling to me in areas. There someone who could maybe walk me through everything or a site that would have step - by - step set up ? I'd be very thankful if someone did. My hot mail is [email protected] its also my msnn messenger ccontact as well .

post your mapvotela.ini and the [Engine.GameEngine] section of your servers inifile, then we maybe can tell you what's wrong ;)

Hey Cratos

Hey Cratos .Thank you .I would paste it, but as of today ( moments ago) someone somehow decoded my passowrds and deleted eevrything off my server so unfortunately I can't now.I dont even know where to begin to get my server up and running since I'm new to this .This person who did this deleted everything.Nothings in there and I haven't a clue as to where to really begin to get things back together. ;( Sorry if it seemed like I wasted anyones time.I didn't mean to.Thanks for wantng to help.

Sarah

Cratos said:
post your mapvotela.ini and the [Engine.GameEngine] section of your servers inifile, then we maybe can tell you what's wrong ;)

Sounds like it's going to be one of those long days. Oh well, at least it'll be a fresh start. :)

What one should start off is seeing of setting up the server just right by looking here: http://www.planetunreal.com/TheAdminPage/ServerSetupforNewbies.htm

Then one can later proceed by adding what they want step by step & if any problem comes up, then that's when one deals with it before doing anything next. It may be a bit time consuming, but by looking at what was posted before may help with the problem & if a solution was mentioned earlier on. When all else fails, then proceed to ask on here... as long as it pertains to the mapvote itself obviously. ;)

Yeah, long one indeed.More like a longggg weeek or more. :S This guy contacted me and says hes not going to stop so I'm kinda puzzled as what to really do now.He doesn't stop, then it could just be a waste of time put into something I so much enjoy. Any suggestions or ideas ?

Sarah

Ut Ini

I went to that link you posted and going through each section of the ini at a time, I came across this :
[Engine.Player]
ConfiguredInternetSpeed=2600
ConfiguredLanSpeed=20000

Now, on the link you gave me it shows this :
[Engine.Player]
ConfiguredInternetSpeed=20000
ConfiguredLanSpeed=20000

Does it matter what it's set to ? Should it both be 20,000 ? The 2600 comes from the server being freshly installed.

Any input would be most appreciated :D

Sarah

Flatus said:
Sounds like it's going to be one of those long days. Oh well, at least it'll be a fresh start. :)

What one should start off is seeing of setting up the server just right by looking here: http://www.planetunreal.com/TheAdminPage/ServerSetupforNewbies.htm

Then one can later proceed by adding what they want step by step & if any problem comes up, then that's when one deals with it before doing anything next. It may be a bit time consuming, but by looking at what was posted before may help with the problem & if a solution was mentioned earlier on. When all else fails, then proceed to ask on here... as long as it pertains to the mapvote itself obviously. ;)