Lost and Forgotten Maps?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

yep exactly (the boat) a movie about a german submarine in ww2. From wolfgang peterson (troy etc) its quite old but the remastered dvd version is quite nice and the movie is brilliant. none of the newer submarine movies (xept maybe red october) can deliver such an athmosphere of beeing under water in a storm in a fragile metal coffin

AtmaDragon said:
And what happened to Pinhead with AS-Hellraiser? That looked like a really promising map, and when he started mapping he was coming out with a new alpha daily but then he suddenly stopped. Anyone know how to contact him to get him going on that again?

Well... pinhead had to leave the UTA scene for a bit for more important things. Many things happened in his absence, including his hard disks being wiped several times. When he came back to UTA he came to the conclusion that he could no longer work on his map as it was gone. :P

~_~ Why am I talking about myself in the past, when there's the future! If anyone still has my Hellraiser map I could "probably" finish it. (I am working on a new map currently though, but I've only made like 2 houses and 1 objective in it yet :P)

Anyway, if anyone has AS-Hellraiser map (any version, but preferably last one :p: ), send it over by pwease. :)

Paa` said:
im round gimme a shout on irc if u wanna test maps or post it in the forums with a time and date im sure loads of people would be willing to test em.

as-vampire is a good map and there's loads of others which people have listed above :)

Ok We got finished final fix for ColderSteel so we might need test it few times, as we are preparing to set another vote.

#NewMaps at uta, idlers welcome!

@ Atma,

dont know many maps you mentioned but..

Overlord]l[ is a great map which is around 4/5mins. Way better than the original overlord. Has a few bugs in tho.

Resurrection, the map would need serious spawns tweaking, and also textures/light adding.

Vampire/Gekokujou 4v4 iAS/ProAS map.

sobo said:
i wish Psy wouldnt have left all together with the new leader edit of saqqara in his hands :\ if someone still has contact could you ask him whether he could upload the map in its current stage

Strange thing is that the original SaqqaraAL cant be rebuilt somehow so within my level of UEd knowledge its not possible to be edited..
Well SaqqaraSE was the latest version, which can be rebuilt OK. I have some idea on what the crashing was caused by, but haven't tested anything out yet.

AFAIK Rich also had his hands on the new Saqqara project.

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]Well SaqqaraSE was the latest version, which can be rebuilt OK. I have some idea on what the crashing was caused by, but haven't tested anything out yet.

AFAIK Rich also had his hands on the new Saqqara project.[/QUOTE]

:bowdown:

I downloaded some SaqquaraSE/AL shit a while back... dunno if its what you want tho

LilFvB ur post made me think i might have some Saqqara on my HD also.

I found 3 archives and uploaded them on my webspace:

AS-Saqqara.zip (2.467.639 bytes)
AS-SaqqaraAL.zip (3.320.726 bytes)
AS-SaqqaraSE.zip (3.348.505 bytes)

These links will stay at least a couple of weeks online at ur disposal.

Title : AS-SaqqaraSE
Author : Infinitegames Modified by Psy and Optical
Date : 13/05/2003
Filename : AS-SaqqaraSE.zip

Weirdo said:
Well SaqqaraSE was the latest version, which can be rebuilt OK. I have some idea on what the crashing was caused by, but haven't tested anything out yet.
AS-SaqqaraSE readme file says psy possibly fixed the crashbug in AS-SaqqaraSE.zip :)

Last edited:
idd the crashing wasn't fixed in SaqqaraAL or SaqqaraSE, which is why Psy and Rich were rebuilding it into a new map - which no-one other than these two people will have.

I have however fixed the bugs which I think were causing the crashes, and you can find the resulting map on DFP's server... It's called: "AS-SaqqaraLE_beta".

Please test this on DFP, since DFP (and DoG) is most vunerable to the bug causing the map to crash.

If the server does crash back to another map, please let me know asap!

dunno if Se or LE is the map i had in mind but when Psy sent me a version of saqqara to fix the fps problems inside and to put in some counter system for the switches it was a map with a darkened lightning outside, different sky box.

and even a completely new (goodlooking) cave style structive in the lake in the last bit probably some sort of spawn cave for def ?!

thing is i did those two things and sent it back to psy then i reinstalled ut or something else which made me delete all maps not needed so i lost it..

I think its name was something like saqqara RS or SR or whatnot i vaguely belive it had an R in lol

[17:53] [@]Rich> there will be a beta version out first to test game play
[17:53] [-]Timo_Maas> yeh just saw that
[17:53] [@]Rich> it might be called SaqqaraFFS
[17:53] [@]Rich> by the time its finished
[17:53] [-]Timo_Maas> :)
[17:53] [@]Rich> lol
[17:54] [-]Timo_Maas> SaqqaraAFL - At fucking Last edition

So, Saqqara may actually have a league-worthy version :soon:? w00t

@ Pinhead: It'll be 4 days before I can get the map to you, but I'm pretty sure I had your latest version. Before then... well someone else prolly kept a copy. :P If no one has though lol I have one.

@ Anti: I'd like to participate in a beta test. Could we test this Saturday sometime? Also, are there plans to fix AS-ColdSteel2? That's like the best map ever. :( Also, could someone upload some of those maps I listed for a beta test too?

Last edited: