[Logitech G5] Bugged mousemovement in UT

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

deadly

WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
Feb 6, 2002
Ok, i got a weird problem. When im moving my mouse around in UT, everything seems to work normal. The problem starts when i move my mouse around really fast - like when u need to turn 180 degrees. When i quickly move my mouse to the left, it works fine. When i do the same to the right, the problems start: it slows down. No matter how fast i move my mouse to the right, my crosshair moves actually slower than when i move my mouse normally to the right, :confused:

So basically its like this:

Turning left (slow): normal;
Turning left (fast): normal;
Turning right (slow): normal;
Turning right (fast): bugged.

I have _no idea_ what the cause of this is. If anyone of you knows a solution or have an idea, its more than welcome!

hmm try to remove logitech drivers and reinstall em. or play with ut settings. and u got the set-point proggy of logitech running?

I got setpoint running, yes - i wouldnt like to uninstall that tbh. The mousepointer doesnt lag in any other program than UT, so it seems to be UT bound. I have no clue how the fuck it happens tho, ill try reinstalling drivers.

Yea, i have no idea where that option would be then tho, if theres someone with much knowledge about the UT settings, welcome too!

I think the only setting that you could try is 'direct input' on the input tab of options.

There are some other settings for sens and speed but they cant change just the right movement.

I reinstalled software, tried to change settings in UT etc, even reinstalled UT, nothing helped...

...untill i changed my videodriver playing UT with. I used mindspring D3D drivers, but the seem to change the gameplay totally. I switched back to UT's old 3d drivers, and the mouse works perfectly :confused: I'm going to try openGL now, maybe that works. Anyway thanks for all ideas!