LeagueAS140 Public Release

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

max_n00b said:
btw, I thought the spawn bug on desolate had been fixed in LAS 136? Happend to me last night, I was attacking and spawned in Lower before explosives/outerbase was taken.. o_O
I have also spotted this once before; where I spawned in the Defence final room while on attack (lower level had just been breached). Silly me hit suicide again by accident :rolleyes:.

There is a 0.01% chance this will happen ever however. (Tho I suppose it could be added to my "to look at" list).

Desolate][ was already fixed in 136. The fix does not prevent the spawning at the wrong location (still can happen in 1/1000 cases) but it prevents it's usage: If you spawn wrong you will suicide as soon as you move. So nothing to worry about.

Tho 140 now tries to fix the wrong spawning itself (weirdo hax0ring) ;)

Reactions: Dark
Erm no? I did not suicide. I ran to generator area and waited for the others, cba cheating my way through a map :\

about spawnbugs, today on dfp server while playing sub2 i spawned inside the submarine while the door was still closed. can u fix that pls? its really shit when it happens in a match.

Sauron said:
about spawnbugs, today on dfp server while playing sub2 i spawned inside the submarine while the door was still closed. can u fix that pls? its really shit when it happens in a match.

You should read that forums often ;)
I think there was a thread that Timo working on it.

i just don't understand how it's possible to spawn wrong when new spawn is not yet activated by a dispatcher or trigger...

but what did las136 fix then, i suppose, reading the post above that there was some sort of "killthemall" thing like in snowdunes is when full depot has been taken?

136 did fix it with a triggered 'killall area' around the forbidden objectives. However we now know that you can avoid wrong spawning if you pay attention to the order of the events in the dispatchers.

Technical background:
Dispatchers use 'latent' code. The events raised by a dispatcher are not executed all at the same time. Since the events can be delayed, a 'sleep' command is performed between each event. Even if the delay is zero, the code execution will stop at this point and is resumed in the next tick. So between every event in the list there is ALWAYS a delay of at least one tick!
Now if a player needs to spawn in exactly that tick and the old spawns are disabled and the new not enabled yet, there can no matching spawn be found and UT will spawn the player at a random spot.

So it's very important that mappers know that the 'enable-new-spawns' event in a dispatcher has to be before the 'disable-old-spawns' event!

However LeagueAS is able to change the order of the events in a dispatcher, so it's possible to fix faulty maps. Desolate][ is already fixed in 140, SubmarineBase][ is still in discussion, cause there have to be added additional spawns. Fortunately mapfixes can be updated via the Serverpackage (no clientside update)

i just had a spawn bug ive never even heard of before.
on asthenosphere i was defending at the ramp to the ops switch, got killed, switch went and then i respawned at the last attackers spawn.
the whole thing happened on dfp server with LAS140.

Well I've checked it all through; and this only seems to affect the defence (again with a chance rate of ~<0.005%).

The urgency of an update to fix this isn't as high as if it were an attack-beneficial bug, so I can advise the fix code to Cratos if/when the Sub][ fix goes ahead for the next Server Pack release.

btw cratos, i spawned where you spawn after guardroom , even though KAN had just got outerbase (kan vs nil)

Reactions: pykenike