League of Legends

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

McNeill

McMastah
Jun 8, 2001
Aberdeen
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone already plays LoL? It's a free game!

I know it's been around for ever and it's one of the most popular games but i never really gave it a go until recently and I've quite enjoyed it. It has a really steep learning curve, but I think it's worth it!

As the community is renound for being really toxic to new players I would prefer to play a few games regularly with friends from UTA.

If you are already playing or interested checking it out then perhaps we can agree a common server and start playing a few games together?

Sneez, Twnz and I are on Nordic East, but I think we can easily switch over to EU West if we agree :).

Anyway let me know on IRC or PM if your interested!

Check out the game here: http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en

sad to see that u guys chose lol as moba game when there's others out there that are better like hon and dota2
communities r pretty much crap everywhere and lol built a big one just cuz of all the youngsters who wanted to play free (lol was only moba at that time which was free, hon became free later on and dota2 is free too)

Played hon, didn't like. Dota 2 was okay.

I enjoyed watching the LCS pro games with lol as well.

Not a flame of the moba games this post. I asked if people play lol or would like to, to let me know so we can play few games!

not here to flame mobas, not here to play LoL but im still gonna post here since its semi related

-played mobas since dota on wc3 when it took -literally- 5 minutes to load a game+ serious games later on at least 500 total
-played HoN a lot, loved it but interest dropped due to brazilians and them adding new champs all the time
-played a little dota 2, not as good as HoN in my eyes but still ok I hope itll get bigger than LoL eventually both dota2 and HoN are true "clones" of the original dota in terms of mechanics
-LoL played maybe 30-50 matches quite seriously, after liking and playing a lot of the dotas+HoN it feels very very dumbed down (cant even deny creeps wtf) and irritates me on many levels then again the facts are there ppl love it and its got the biggest (and prolly shittiest of the 3 community) so mayabe im just too much of a puritan.

I haven't played mobas "seriously" in 2-3 years now lost a bit of interest butttttttt
main reason of my post: If you haven't seen it yet... CHECK IT!

Looks like blizzard is trying to enter the moba genre with Heroes of the Storm (sort of looks like a blizzard super smash bros) and it looks to be the most different moba from the original dota... but knowing blizzard it will be high quality that being said will these news mechanics attract and form a huge community? I hope so but we'll see. GIEF BETA INVITE BLIZZARD PLZ

Played LoL for quite a bit, but stopped when games because more about flaming people into the ground as retribution for the excessive swearing after every 'wrong' move :x

Wouldn't mind giving it another go..

Played it alot, was fun, very competitive game despite what biased moba fanboys claim about hon/dota and what others who never even tried it say about it. What killed it for me was the community, worst off all the games I've played and very little is done about it. If your team loses, regardless if the game itself was close and/or challenging, regardless if all 5 in your team just simply got outplayed and there was nothing that could be done to prevent the loss, chances are good that around 80% of the time there will be flaming/whining/finger pointing/afking etc both in ranked or normal games, you even see this type of shit in costum games. That being said it's alot of fun if you don't take it seriously and play with mates only.

Locomouse, exile and pogo still play, as well as me and Axl from time to time (all in EUW), dunno what made you guys start on east servers

Played it alot, was fun, very competitive game despite what biased moba fanboys claim about hon/dota and what others who never even tried it say about it. What killed it for me was the community, worst off all the games I've played and very little is done about it. If your team loses, regardless if the game itself was close and/or challenging, regardless if all 5 in your team just simply got outplayed and there was nothing that could be done to prevent the loss, chances are good that around 80% of the time there will be flaming/whining/finger pointing/afking etc both in ranked or normal games, you even see this type of shit in costum games. That being said it's alot of fun if you don't take it seriously and play with mates only.

Locomouse, exile and pogo still play, as well as me and Axl from time to time (all in EUW), dunno what made you guys start on east servers

checkers can be competitive but chess is where its at

checkers can be competitive but chess is where its at

Quite possibly the worst comparison you could have come up with, 50 games grants you close to no experience when talking about a game with such a massive champion pool (+ not having unlocked decent runes, masteries, etc)

(cant even deny creeps wtf)

You word that as if you could name plenty of mechanics that don't exist in lol that are common in other mobas when in reality that's the only one (the only one worth mentioning at least)

It's also a dumb way to word it since you actually can deny your opponent farm by harassing him when he goes for the last hits, without the 'denying' mechanic, the lane game revolves more around outplaying your enemy in trades, in plent of match-ups if a simple ranged auto attack goes unmatched, the other person can gain full control of the lane and the other party will be left with alot less minions to farm. It's like saying modern shooters are superior to UT/Quake because you have a sprinting mechanic in them... ok

That being said I've always stated that lol was the weakest moba when it comes to actual skill and even tho I have my reasons to dislike hon with a passion (yes I've payed all mobas plenty), I can manage to be unbiased ... in the end mobas are given too much credit in e-sports when compared to other options and arguments about which is superior is like people who passionately argue over which fast food joint in the best, boring topics that no one should give 2 shits about.

Last edited:
I think it is no problem for us to switch to EU West.

I am sure the community sucks, however we are new, we are noobs and playing with a premade of 5 is more fun without having to worry about them. Otherwise ignoring function is fantastic :).

A bunch of the old -8- guys are playing it as well i believe riv, dwag, syl and riv at least. Not 100% sure on all these names as they all have different nicknames