League Match Maker

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Quasi^

Me.
Oct 26, 2002
Behind a crate
League Assault Match Maker

I've made a small mod to simplify setting up matches, funwars etc.

mm1.gif
mm2.gif
mm3.gif

Readme:

V1.4

Most recent changes:

You no longer have to login as admin to do anything after initial setup, so long as correct passwords are setup on setti ngs page.
Auto start match works if you escape away the password box.
Now there is a 'force uta rules' checkbox on settings page which works out correct team sizes, match length, and forces TIW on, auto-pause off.
Added Set Red/Blue Score buttons.
With v1.4 I have changed all the class files. What this means is you should install the new matchmaker.ini and re-add all your maps, passes etc.

INSTALLATION:

Open MatchMaker.ini
Edit LASVersion (default LeagueAS140)
Edit NormalMutators (i.e. what you normally have in non-match mode) for example:
NormalMutators=MapVoteLA13.BDBMapVote
Copy the 3 files to your UT System directory

TO SET UP A MATCH:

Open UT and Select 'League Assault Match Maker' in mod menu

SETTINGS PAGE:

Set up all your passwords here. You need to set them all with the exception of normal game pass which you can leave blank if you wish.

SETUP PAGE:

Press 'Match Map List' button and choose maps for match

Press 'Normal Map List' button and choose maps for non-match mode

Change all other settings - Team Names and Passes etc

ON SERVER:

Press 'Setup Server' button

After map changes login using temp game pass to enter the server

Press 'Start Match' button when ready

TO RESET SERVER TO NORMAL:

Press 'Reset Server' button
http://www.unrealize.co.uk/cgi-bin/downloader/dl.pl?id=matchmaker.zip

Note for auto starting match:

If you have changed the temp game pass, or you haven't already entered the server at least once so that the pass is not saved in UT, then the password box will pop up. Press escape a couple of times until Match Maker window is on top, and you should reconnect. After another timer is triggered the match will start.
The Match Maker window must be at the front of other windows with the setup page forward.

Last edited:
Is this not just a simplified version of the LeagueAS admin Tool? Dont know if people are aware of that tool.

Although having had a look at it this admittedly makes it a lot simpler for ppl to setup quick fun matches on their own servers without needing additional settings on the serverside, so nice work :)

Thanks. The admin tool does require windows though, and I was looking for something to work for all OS's. I basically modeled it around the text files that are in another thread here.
Other settings could be configurable depending on what people want really.

Having looked at it but not actually tried setting a server with it from my point of view the following would be useful, apologies if any of them are already included somewhere :P

An advanced option to have default settings for matches implemented on a server for more important matches, eg tiw on, max spec 1, correct maxteamsizes, pause off, etc and temporarily change admin pass so clan people with admin cant accidentally login etc

And for fun matches the ability to set the match length

This will give you an idea of the default settings that I'm using:

Code:
    ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault maxplayers " $ Players);
     ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault bAdminNameScore True");
     ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault bServerNameScore True");
     ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault bServerNameGameType True");
     ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault bStandardise True");
     ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault MapsLeft 0");
     ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault MatchLength 14");
     ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault FirstMapStartTime 300");
     ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault SubsequentMapStartTime 60");
     ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault Netwait 300");
     ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault bAutoPausing True");
     ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault PauseLeadInOutTime 5");
     ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault MaxPauseTime 0");
     ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault MaxTeams 2");
     ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault maxspectators 0");
     ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault bplayersbalanceteams False");
     ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault bForceRespawn True");
     ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault bMultiWeaponStay True");
     ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault bTournament True");
     ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault bHardCoreMode True");
     ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault GameSpeed 1.000000");
     ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault AirControl 0.350000");
     ConCommand("admin set " $ LASVersion $ ".LeagueAssault bUseTranslocator False");

Few useful (after server crash for example) commands from LAS i don't see here:
- admin ForceMatchStart - Toggles everyone to clicked mode!
- admin EndMatch - Ends the match
- admin SetRedScore - Sets Red score plus calculates MapsRemaining count automatically (no map restart required!)
- admin SetBlueScore - Sets Blue score plus calculates MapsRemaining count automatically (no map restart required!)

Also there is no 2vs2 mode in your mod :P

Last edited:
Few useful (after server crash for example) commands from LAS i don't see here:
- admin ForceMatchStart - Toggles everyone to clicked mode!

Actually, to clarify, this sets everyone's clicked state to true, and instantly starts the map (no 10s countdown).

...And yes, I know you took that quote from my readme, so I should probably correct that too! :P

A couple of other 'nice to haves' would be:-

Count down
FirstMapStartTime changeable depending on whether you wish to start quick/slow.

Having a button near the FirstMapStartTime field which Resets the StartTimeRemaining in LeagueAS' GRI so you can increase the time limit remaining - typical scenario when you're waiting for the other team to show up; using the 'pause' function is a pain when the console buffer gets full. (Catch me in IRC if you want a quick walk through on how to correctly alter this via the GRI).

Ability to quickly finish maps:-

Successfully attacking (either kill forts, or safely trigger each one to complete depending on whether instigator is a valid attacker)
Successfully defending (remainingtime 0)

Moderator/Game passwords:-
As MyM suggests, people can accidently (or unknowingly) log in to servers with other passwords than normal. For Match Mode you should always set these passwords to something else; especially the game password.

Having other fields for the passwords would be handy too, maybe split it to two columns New Pass | Old Pass; when you set up the match it gets the existing passwords and populates them to the Old Pass fields, and when you end the match it sets these values back.

Having it auto login as Admin, then rejoin the server with the new ?password= after the map change and then auto starting the match would just put the icing on the cake. ;)

Last edited:
What rules etc are there for 2v2? I.E. number of maps etc?

Atm I've got team size and match length configurable but I don't know if there are other rules.

I think I've got pretty much all worked out so far except the FirstMapStartTime control working so I will need to chat with you about it.

Last edited:
From UTA setup system:-

Code:
$v_zpi = "ZeroPingPlus103.ColorAccuGib";
$v_zpp = "ZeroPingPlus103.ZeroPing";
[B]$v_2v2 = "LeagueAS-SP.AntiHammerLaunch";[/B]

// Player (c)ount and (m)ap count
$c_std = 12;    $m_std = 14;
$c_ias = 8;     $m_ias = 10;
$c_pro = 8;     $m_pro = 14;
[B]$c_2v2 = 4;     $m_2v2 = 6;[/B]
$c_def = 12;    $m_def = 14;

So maybe a checkbox to force normal uta rules, which changes map count depending on player count etc and auto adds antihammer for 2v2.

when I submit "Setup Server" appears the text "Failed launching URL, can't find file ':7777'", probably im missing some file or is some other stuff?
im a bit noob at this stuff lol

Last edited: