It's back!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I thought the other thread was just trying to find out if enough ppl would be interested?

Well anyway i'll go back thru that thread and make sure everyone puts their name down here.

Yeh I watched the demo vid, it does look so much like bf with different models/weapons/vehicles.

Got the demo server configured on DoG, but it's quite processor heavy, so will only run on demand if ppl want it.

Anyone looked at Enemy Territory - QUAKE Wars ?

First a few facts about me:
- I've played ET for a long time, great team-based game.
- I was expecting a lot from the game, I was anticipating this game more than BF2142.
- I switched to BF2142 because ETQW kept being pushed back and back..

I've played the (second) beta... and my god, it's horrible.
Played like a frikkin alpha instead of beta.

The gamespeed is just insanely fast, I dont mind fast.. but when running seems to go at the speed of a full speed tiger there is something wrong. Also you can run almost as fast as quads.
The jet packs are totally imbalanced.
Physics are fucked too, everything seems to bounce around like it's made of jello. This includes tanks.

Overall I dont advise anyone to even try the demo..

Perhaps in the future it will be nicer after a big patch or something, but for now I'm staying clear.