I lagg, this Sucks

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Eleador

Jun 25, 2005
holland
ok so this is my laptop which i play on with all the details :

Its an Aspire 1711SMi with an intel pentium 4 abd 2.8 GHz
512 DDR SDRAM (i though have 1249 MB of RAM)
i dont know what this is but maybe you guys know lol 80GB Ultra ATA/100 HDD
graphics card : nVIDIA GeForce FX Go5700 64MB
and my connection = IEEE 802.11g wireless LAN upstreamspeed 384 Kbps downstream 128 Kbps
and i have a Wireless 54MBps ADSL Modem

ok now the problem, i am lagging badly, and it aint no fun anymore.
the game looks like its played with frames if u know what i mean, just slow :P slow reaction i dont know what the problem is and i tought that maybe one of u guys knew a lot about computers :)
Help Me! :P

BTW: Tnx Azard For your time last night :D

512 MB DDR SDRAM isn't always enough to run WoW smoothly.
Best would be to upgrade to 1024 MB, which is suggested in several other forums too.
Your Internet connection seems to be sufficient for WoW, so that's not the problem.

Note though that with 1024MB you can still lag in the following situations:
1) when you enter a large city like Orgrimmar
2) when you enter an area where others are PvP-ing in a raid
3) when somewhere between your computer and the WoW servers a delay happens in the data transfer.

By the way: The 80GB Ultra ATA/100 HDD is your harddisk. ATA/100 just gives you an indication of the speedrange of the hard disk.

Personally the only reason I lag is because I have lot of problems with my current ISP (@Home, cable ISP for the Dutch members).
I have ping spikes between 400ms and 18,000ms! :mad:
These connection problems are part of an ongoing saga between me and my ISP, who refuses to give me proper service.
I already managed to order ADSL with another ISP (Demon) and I hope to do a /bye at my current ISP within a few weeks. :)

Yuma - Son of Chief
Centurion of the Red Moon Guild

Last edited:
Firstly OUCH to your spikes not good.

Secondly i aggree with advice above! RAM is a factor and 1GB DDR would make a diference.

tnx guys :D especialy yuma :D im gonna do that after summer since im going away for 4 weeks and i cant play WoW at that time :( >:(
gonna check prices too :P hehe
tnx again :D

Make sure you buy the same type of memory that you already have. That way you can be sure that no hardware compatibility issues will occur. :)

Yuma - Son of Chief

That depends on your laptop.
Some laptops have an extra free memory slot. In that case you only need to buy another 512 MB stick.
If you only have 1 memory slot though, then you have to replace the current 512 MB stick with a 1024 MB stick.

Yuma - Son of Chief

well...you know when u press ctrl+alt+delete you get the "windows taakbeheer" dont know the english word for it atm :)
and then in the lower right corner of that screen u can see your total RAM it says 1249 mb so i think it will only be an extra 512mn stick since i got another memory slot i think

The number you see in the Windows Task Manager (Windows Taakbeheer) is not the amount of RAM you have though.
You can better hold down the windows button (the one with the flag on it) and then press the Pause/Break button (while holding the Windows button).
You will then get the System Properties (Systeem Eigenschappen :P).
It then shows at the bottom how much memory you really have.

Yuma - Son of Chief

Last edited:
It's the button between the <Ctrl> and the <ALT> button. The one with the Microsoft logo on it.
Most keyboards do have that button.

If you don't then simply rightclick on My Computer ("Deze computer") and choose properties ("Eigenschappen").

ah yes i found it :) i got 512 Mb RAM :( :( then i got to buy new and get it places in my laptop hehe better dont do it myself, ill screw it up :P lol