Howto: Less spammy MP3 script + plugin

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Cazzy

vr000m
Jun 8, 2001
Hell
Less spammy MP3 script + plugin

As some ppl still use the old one my m8 got me a new one wich shows ur MP3's on command. Thought this would be nice since some ppl (CS, Dog :P) didn't like the incredible spammy mp3 plugin that kept running even when ppl are lurking. You can find the Winamp plugin here
Anyway I translated this for you and there's a Dutch version.

English Version:

Put the plugin (.dll file) in the Winamp/plugins map and restart winamp.

What's typed under here you have to put that in the config of the plugin at "Text send to mIRC"
(In Winamp op the menu, the Options -> Preferences and then choose Plug-ins -> General Purpose. Double click on Mirc Contrel Ex...)
----------

/setsong %s | /setsongfile %f | /setsonglength %t

Beware if the DDE servername is correct. You can find that in Mirc in:
File -> Options -> General -> Servers

make sure to tag the DDE and the name that stands there use that too in the plugin.

What's written under this you need to paste that in mirc aliases (alt-A)
-----------------

/setsong /set %song $1-
/setsongfile /set %songfile $1-
/setsonglength /set %songlength $1-

/wa //me is playing: %song ( $+ %songlength $+ )

Now restart winamp and type in mirc /wa and you'll see the title.

here's the Winamp plugin again if you missed it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dutch version:

de plugin (.dll bestand) in de Winamp/plugins map zetten
winamp opnieuw opstarten

Wat hieronderstaat moet je in de config van de plugin zetten bij "Text to send to mIRC"
(in Winamp het menu openen, dan Options -> Preferences en daar Plug-ins -> General Purpose
kiezen. Dubbel klikken op mIRC Contrel Ex... )
----------

/setsong %s | /setsongfile %f | /setsonglength %t

en even erop letten dat de DDE servernaam goed staat, die kun je in mIRC vinden bij:
File -> Options -> General -> Servers

daar zorgen dat DDE aangevinkt is en de naam die daar staat ook gebruiken in de plugin

Wat hier onder staat moet in aliases (Alt-A) in mIRC worden geplakt
----------

/setsong /set %song $1-
/setsongfile /set %songfile $1-
/setsonglength /set %songlength $1-

/wa //me is playing: %song ( $+ %songlength $+ )

Als je nu /wa inramt komt de titel tevoorschijn
(wel even winamp doorzappen of opnieuw opstarten om de plugin actief te krijgen)

Hier is the Winamp Plugin als je em hebt gemist.

Last edited:
I checked it a month or so ago, I don't think it works with the new winamp.... reinstalled an older version and got it to work again. But not using the script, normally. Only in case I want to annoy somebody. :D (that is the spammy script... )

Last edited:
what would be a good idea is

a mp3 script that only spammed everyother song or each 3rd song pld it said in irc only... cutting the spam down alot no effort to click or type if u wanna say a song but still tells u some songs

if anyone can do that thx

hm, i just found out that i have the same problem as with the last one
it makes winamp use all free resources when the plugin is installed, even if no songs are being played so cpu is always at 100% :crap:

update: I use winamp 5 now. although it didn't work on winamp 3 it works perfectly on winamp 5. :thumb:

Sauron said:
err, that file was for winamp 3? no wonder it didnt work with my 2.8. u cudda said that in your post :shout:

It does work on winamp 2.8 an not on winamp 3. READ

no it fucked my winamp 2.8 so bad that the computer was hanging. whenever i used the script, after a while winamps cpu usage raised towards 99% and made everythign freeze.
now with wa5 it works all fine tho.

Howto Less spammy MP3 script plugin

Is there any way to use the new api Google has issued with this plugin and use the Google Earth images as a layer in WorldWind?

why would some1 want a less spammier script? if i use scripts to show people totally nonsense information - like what kind of music i am hearing atm - i want a huge slow and spammy script just to piss them off.

edit: oh, and when some1 knows how to add google earth images to IRC, inform me pls

Last edited: