Hi all

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

it works now. sesh thats a big map i got lost :P. didnt help with the bots headshotting me the whole time i forogt they were on godlike :D

is it big? i thought it was quite a small map i did get a bit carried away tho :rolleyes: .... u only have two routes to every section, i thought that wouldnt be too much for most people....doh!

:lol:

I like it. Its big yeah...but i like big :) *not big birds CB...before u get all flustered ;)*

Couple of constructive points. I think it could do with a few more health packs about...and when the defenders respawn in the sniper tower (box) they are facing wrong way so ur momentum makes u fall out. This kinda defeats the object right ;)

Besides that i think its great...especially the final area with the guns. Looks really good :)

thnx, i forgot about the sniper tower bit, do u reckon it needs any bits chopped out to make it more playable like the middle part of it?

Also could you give me your opinion on which bits played good and which bits play bad. I havent spent much time on the bots but you kind of get the feeling how they will play the map. I personally like the bridges and the end bit but reckon the rest of it is a bit crappy in places and alright in others...

I havent really spent much time on ammo/weapons/health placement either tbh i'll add some more health tho if u reckon it needs it, it does need to be a bit easier, your input is very much appreciated mate, ty :)

Yo young Mr Haggsy :) Ive got SoF2 btw...oh and UT2003 :D

I'll try and play ur map some more over the w/e Rich and get back to u :D

i think the map is superb mutts - cant really think of any decent critiscisms beyond what steve said already, but just for the sake of it ill come up with a couple of comments;

i was thinking at first that maybe the attackers would have a hard time on the run up to the first gate if the defenders had a couple of good snipers, but thats tough to tell without playing against human opponents. then again maybe thats not a bad thing anyway as it lets other defenders get into position....

i would be tempted to take out the shock rifles as i think there were a couple of spots that could be a bit spammy - but then again you seem to have provided a couple of routes to each objective so again maybe thats not really a problem....

the map is definitely big and the first time you run through it, its pretty easy to get confused. i dont think you should change the layout though, as it seems to flow quite well once you get used to it. besides the same thing could be said about some of the league custom maps but ppl soon get used to them.

from a cosmetic viewpoint, i like the way youve put in plenty of control panel / display type things, as it makes a change from looking at the wall textures. the final section, as steve said looks superb.

on the whole, a damn good job i reckon :D

:) chrs mate im glad u like it. On the subject of people getting lost i cant really see a way round that tbh as unless u want spam u need multiple routes, maybe i can use coloured lighting a bit more constructively to help.....btw did u like the end video or does it look a bit tacky?

i wouldnt say it was tacky, but when the plane flew up then stopped dead for a second before firing i thought 'ahhh he hasnt finished this bit yet' but then realised after it was meant to do that (soz).

the getting lost thing isnt a problem as ppl will soon get used to it and i think the multiple routes are done well - coloured lighting? how would you use that to help? sounds like an interesting idea though....

lol i was trying to make it movie like with the flying camera i would make the rockets make a sound but the music cuts off for some reason when i add them, the coloured lighting idea would prolly be too subtle for most people i reckon hmz.... i'll think about it...

I might just start adding detail now and light sources if u reckon there arent any major crap bits int he map.....thnx for the input :)

ok ive added more bits, inluding health which makes the map flow alot better now thnx, + ive added textures, decorations, sounds comp terminals etc and some new lifts and a working search beam on the sniper tower which i reckon looks quite cool. the end vid looks the same still i tried playing around with it but i kind of like it like it is so i'll leave it for now.

Also bots defend objectives a bit further away now so u dont have to fight 3 of them at once clustered around the buttons....which makes the map easier.

i'll just have to find a site that can host the map for d/l now...

oh yea i might leave a shock rifle in the map somewhere but i have to find a place where it cant be used for spam hmz...

chrs for the input mates :)

rich you can use our old site for hosting if you would like. its not getting used for anything and we could setup a page for it until most gaming sites get hold of it for themselves.

nice idea chrs mate, I'll u/l it in a bit to my site if u could d/l it again and u/l it to the SaW site that would be cool :)

have u u/l it yet mutts. i dont want to put the wrong version on, as you all know i am capable of doing.

indeed you cant mr dt ;) the main thing slowing me down is huge holes keep appearing in various places and when i manage to get rid of them others appear hmz......I'm done now though i think......there is a place where you can fall through a wall so i'll stick a barrel in front of it coz i had a mare getting the map that far.......then it'll be done :D

hi exo :)