Hammer bind in Siege][

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

It's a conspiracy by epic to make you play UT3!!!

Seriously though, it's just your ping, I can't make it if my ping is over 120 or something. It also depends on the server though, there used to be a portugese assault server AGES ago that had something dodgy on Frigate where you couldnt do a normal jump from the back deck onto the raised platform that leads into the ship. Dunno if anyone else remembers that?

erm tbh it was same for me on uk server as it was on naat with 120 ping. I made it 80% of the time. To me its just all about the angle.

try do it backwards... with your back against wall.... that one shoudl work every time since you get the right angle on your hammer.

@Fuler:
Back to initial post an the problem you experience with new PC when self hammering to Siege2 central tower. Reading your post my guess is it seems to be a question of timing the moves to cope with ping or PC latency. The solution I suggest you try is about fiddling with timings at the execution of the move to cope with latency. I could get it working this way.

What I suggest you to try is delay the upwards mouse move after you release hammer. In other words, prepare hammer, place urself against one of the 4 walls with ramp around the central tower, aim vertically at your feet, then release the hammer and wait some split second before you aim again in front of you and walk forward. Its seems moving mouse too early after hammer release interferes with the impact on floor and dont get you high enough.

UT latency issues can come from one or several of these, PC/OS/ISP/UTinis or system drivers issue. As for me, I experience this delay/lag since ever and it affects much more aspects of my game experience, sometimes I feel a huge latency whenever I start firing or stop mini. My guess is my mobo ALC97 internal soundcard and its drivers are to blame. But this could be due to another component/driver of my system. Or it could just be some crap running in the background, could be this old Norton Utilities I have installed and it wont remove. But then in some rare cases I run UT and all is fine, game runs like hell at full speed. Dno what the problem is for sure :hangover:

Last edited:
yeah its working. Thx a lot. Its a bit harder than before but still better know how make it for succesfull jump :kiss:

Glad I could help you :)

Sometimes I would still miss the move, but the wait for timing mouse move definetly helped me pull at least 90% of this central tower self lift.