Halp!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Sausage

Youthanasia
Sep 22, 2004
I get the following general protection error when trying to join any server with utdc (pug or any bt-server for example). Using windows 7 x64.

utdc.png

Suggested solutions so far:

1. Google (found this and this though no solution)
2. Remove bot (haven't installed one yet)
3. Delete demos (don't use demo recorder)
4. Reinstall (done twice, also forgot to backup my 5 year old user.ini and unrealtournement.ini, no effect... same thing happens with a completely fresh install)
5. Change wallpaper (no!).

On the back of a few comments at UA, I decided to try out the VM approach:

Running VMWare workstation 7, Windows 7 guest, SVGA II drivers. Getting ~60fps with vsync on.

Input latency is a bit iffy though, so more tweaking would need to be done to make it properly playable.

Maybe an alternative to dual booting to solve your problems?

Attachments

• Win7_x64_vmware-2009-UTFS.jpg
    Win7_x64_vmware-2009-UTFS.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 29
Wow, did a fresh install for my old pc using XP x32 (pretty much fresh install too), same error happens?

error2.JPG

:confused:

Last edited:
must be something wrong with one of your packages. In wars you can ask an admin to type into console 'mutate utdc allowone' and then join, it won't crash you then.

Need more info from ut.txt to tell you whats causing the crash though.

Alright so by doing a few things I managed to get UT to work on my old pc (XP x32). I guess the UTDC finds my new pc since these 2 are connected in LAN. So it finds windows 7, which it thinks is a cheat... I don't know, anyway, the way to get UT to work on my old pc is by shutting down/disconnecting the new pc, or something. I've managed to confuse myself already.

Point being, it works now on XP but still doesn't work on win 7 and I guess it never will because as far as I know the UTDC dev is gone.

Thanks anyway guys :)