Guardia 'SV' (if you don't like GuardiaAL :P)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ohh thx for digging it up :D forgot about it already because im very busy atm.

Well we tested the second beta online and it was too spammy. the 3rd beta i made proved even more spammy because all the defense spawn in garage later on.

When Ive got some time again ill implement some more changes, most of which would be pretty noticable :P,
Item changes, and some more things above our posts in this thread..

Should be a bit more relaxed in like 2 weeks again.

ye is apretty enjoyable map if u ask me.. 500% better then normal guardia!!

well anyway sobo maybe u should try ur mappingskills on a new map like jwer says ;)

Hello again.

1) jwer is right about me cba arsed etc. :D

2) beta 3 had a huge problem with def spawns, after Lava bridges, all the def spawned in the garage making it impossible to attack

3) Ive been working on a new beta. What i did so far is remove a choke point between cavern and lava cavern (made it sort of a double passage as once propsed by Sauron i think)
I also fiddled around with weapon placement

but one thing remains: the garage door is impossible to get as all def spawns there (ive already removed the RL)

a) def could be spawned anywhere on the map as in the orig, and tbh maybe this IS the best solution, only thing there: it would be senseless to add additional attacker spawns. :confused:

b) another idea i had was making a separate spawn room roughly between lava bridges and garage (left hand, opposite of minigun room) Id need to figure out the right difference of the actual route to make defense neither overpower nor underpowered. That room would require a crap weapon to be put in, unfortunately imo there no such weapon in UT, IMO the bio rifle is the crapiest but id would be a intense spamming weapon in guardia. maybe enforcers with ammo? maybe this will make sense in 136 :)

also with the in creased width of the passage between cavern and lava bridges came the increased width of the cavern itself (roughly double as wide now) looks a bit empty so i was wondering whether a pillar would fit in or whethere itd make it to tight again? or maybe a rock formation to keep to the maps style

id put some crates and barrels there, imo this wud keep the style better than some rocks.

you said teh end is near impossible to get, i think its not too bad if its very hard, as long as you can get lots of frags as an attacker you can support having a hard thime, thats prolly why ppl enjoy asthen (i know its the reason why i like it :D).

I like astheno too, because of that. Well maybe ill just do some more weapon changes, edit the cavern a little bit and do another playtesting.

Ive worked on GaurdiaSV beta4

1) you can get it here >DOWNLOAD<

2) its not complete. there as huge HOM in the first cave (i know its reason and how to fix it) some un allignined textures) but got no time as my cpu fan is about to brake. hjust wanted to get this version out before i leave for today.

3) im thinking about making the window in the tank room to doors too that open with the large door.

Else than that? you think its an improvement over the spammy garage def in beta 3 ? def can also hammerjump into the garage when trheres no time for the longer route.
maybe ill add some pickups in the new rooms.

Did i get close to guardia style when i built the new rooms?

have fun, /me runs gettin a new fan. bye

looks really nice. putting the defender spawn aroudn the back with this window is a nice idea imo, only the window shudnt be so close to the garage button i think. its easy to stand there and spam up with the flak.

also i miss the shockrifle :(
i know as soon as u put one in you risk that the map becomes spammy, so maybe only one without ammo that spawns for the attackers as soon as they breached the bridge?

id love to play the map with 12 ppl and see how it does.

Reactions: sobo
Tbh the shock rifle is a vital part of Guardia but either for def or attack, the team that gets it wins.

The only place where it would make sense to place on is in the middle of the bridge. Attackers would have a hard time to get the cavern but id would be well balanced after that i think.

The connection garage <--> spawnarea can be moved to the left. this version just was intended to have some preview character.

Better than the other versions but attack needs more weapons how about putting the shock back ? as it becomes an attackers weapon after first spawn change. Like the extra spwan room and the hole so denders can get into the last room.

how about no? :P
i like the map how it is now the backroute is nice i just miss the ripper ;) :spin: