Guardia 'SV' (if you don't like GuardiaAL :P)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

sobo said:
lava is a vital part of the atmosphere of guardia thats i will not change this, i didnt like guardiAL, reducing rocketammo has to be seen from both sides. one pack certainly isnt too much, the two packs on the bridge are only def equip for the first part of the map, once the lava bridge is gone thats attackers ammo. itll stay for now, im interested whether it can be defended at all with the changes made in beta3

well I okay that atmosphere part is a good point however I don't care about the atmosphere

rocketpack is okay but attackers will bring defence full rocketlaunchers.. they walk with rocketlauncher (30 ammo) over the lavabridge got killed and deffenders take the gun and have full ammo again

btw add some sort of suit that also is in (ctf deck16) that you can swim tru the lava and enter the minegunroom, :cool: ;)

generally i think guardia means you have to get oast that damn bridge and not sneak, thats why its so cool imo :) as long as im doing this there wont be anything like swimming or something but thx for feeback anyway.

About the rocketlaunchers well the defense was suffered lots in beta 3. I hope the map can still be defended (unlike GuardiaEQ), defense dont have flak anymore initially and they also cant get the RL as quickly anymore. so killing an intruder with the enforcers and getting the rl as sort of a reward is fair imo :)

i just applied soem more changes in order to reduce (attack side) flak spam a bit more. The flak room now doesnt have any ammo anymore. once the lava bridge is gone the attackers lose the pulse room and flak room spawns completely! there new spawn is the place where the door in the original guardia is. That means going forward quickly they only get the snpier and pulse. If they want to use the flak they lose 3-4 second on their way. thatll prvent soem from doing this imo.

alot less ripper spam in beta 3
little less rl spam in beta 3
less flak spam in beta 3
sniperrifle usage promoted in beta 3

Should play better imo :)

Btw: Get beta 3 here

played beta 3 a bit vs bots. New problem is that the lift holds defense back. In a new beta version/final im definately gonna add 1-2 jump boots in the garage to allow defense a slightly better access to the rl without the lift.

Also i like pyke's sugegstion of improving height :)
im prolly gonna raise the concrete bows over the bridges a bit

how about a vent above the bridge at the end will make hammerjumping/launch on the bridge worthwhile like one of the other versions had in it.

that's in GuardiaAL Ajax:P but i agree on the vent thing, altho it shud b much longer and go to the tank but not the switch....
it would b like this:

u try 2 enter through the vent, but there's a filter in it... the vent goes to the opposite end of the tank and it shud take about 15 secs to get through it.
the filter can only b disabled when the switch has been taken. :D

u could also have that normal route like in AL version, but it's 2 close 2 the lift imo...

no No NO!
guardiaAL is crap
vent is ghey no good def against it even with 15 secs its sucks
further tunnel trough lava SUX!
and i dont know about the boots you jump way to high with it so if attackers get em than wel... they got already 20% of the switch just let em use the lift or hammer

SXPower said:
no No NO!
guardiaAL is crap
vent is ghey no good
sobo said:
generally i think guardia means you have to get oast that damn bridge and not sneak, thats why its so cool imo :) as long as im doing this there wont be anything like swimming or something but thx for feeback anyway.

SXPower said:
i dont know about the boots you jump way to high with it so if attackers get em than wel... they got already 20% of the switch just let em use the lift or hammer

Well on the one hand the def really really NEED those boots because there too fucking slow if only 2 of em can use the lift to get to the rl ... theyll be defending the garage with enforcers most of the time. Anyway i hope i can do another playtest with beta 3 to decide on that because its right if attackers get the boots they have won.
Though there are also boots in bridge lower base which make people get the 2nd often :D
As I said if i add boots i will increase the height of the bridge and maybe also the garage.

hehe
the armor is still wrong placed :P well its @ a good spot but turn it 45 degree so that you see it from the front

i think the spawns are to close to each other:
in a 6v6 game there are ppl everywhere

tho still best guardia so far :)

think it will own as a insta map, std will be spammy but if its doable then it should be thought about at least heck you could replace the al version with it (blaggggggggggggg)

ASMD for attackers only,to build a proper attack.
sniper for defenders.
no flack.
sniper ammo close to attacking tunnel.
mini/plasma in the middle.
if roxx then limit ammo and give to both sides.
I made a version of this map once myself, the original is sooooo sweet, but not yet perfect.
Keep the faith.

Reactions: sobo
Tnega said:
mini/plasma in the middle.

nice idea :D

the main point i need to dealwith though is def spawns.
1) have em spawn in garage and minigun room -> too much equip too powerful
2) only garage -> have em spawn AT the objective -> not useful
3) only minigun room -> wortha thought if equip in there is changed,

omg i actually like somethign called guardia :eek:
nice1 sobo :D

just some ideas:
-remove the flak in the minigun room, coz thats the gun that fucks all guardia versions. :D
-remove all the sniper ammo and if thats possible, only spawn the gun in the pulseroom once the attackers are so far.
-spawn a shock for the attackers at the flack room once they spawn in the pulse room, liek this they have to go back to get it, like this there wont be any shockspam.
-add a second tunnel from the pulse room to the bridge, entering from the side of the ripperspot, as it is atm i think that corner cud be quite spammy still.

apart from that, great map :thumb:

Last edited:
nope, that map sux, sobos verison is far better.
we also had guardia2 in several mapvotes and it never had a lot of votes.

yup noticed that cassius. i need to spread the def spawns a bit more. also some weapons changes and ammo changes are planned, Saurons idea of a doubled path between cavern and bridge sounds nice. Ill most definately do this.

:bow: :D

for the defenders spawn, you cud just move that away a bitor add another way from the left end of the bridge arround the lift into the garage.