Guardia Gameplay TESTVERSION

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

did you fail you hammerjump to the switch or is the impact hammer just that weak? :/

also i'm not sure why but sometimese after you dodge it looks like you're sinking in the floor perhaps its you crouching? but it still looks very odd on video.

it feels weird to see guardia and overlord on the new unreal engine; though I wonder why 2 of the first maps to be replicated are impossible to attack :|

then again it's not my call and I respect the work you guys put into this. I'm pretty sure I'll check on the progress sooner rather than later.

Thx for the updates BamsE :)

looking good, wish i can get more involved, failed hammerjump pff! though i do like this lava route with SB

At the moment the hammerjump is weak and you have to aim directly down and time it to make that jump. It´s very close to the max height... Its easy to make hammerjump, just press fire and release but its weak...

When i dodge i press crouch and it activates the Slide :satan:

Simple reason for Guardia and Overlord - they were the easiest maps to set up. Overlord99 was just me importing the geometry and quickly texturing it up; Guardia is the smallest map to quickly develop as a new Assault map (because right now, we need maps).

I'm preparing a new version of Overlord that takes out the tunnels. Diode is working on a sweeet version of Siege that is already fully playable (problem is that it is 300meg). We have other mappers working on several maps, including the owner of Ballistic on a new version.

Also, that Guardia hammer jump is actually really tricky to pull off now, as it is at the real apex of the jump. Life isn't fair, bamzz kills me every time im about to touch that switch, and he always pulls it off :P

all hammer and no height makes html a dull boy :(

on a more serious note thanks again for the updates though i wonder how siege will be any good without rocket launches. or did i miss something and there will be an equivalent? ( a way to win from outside )

html:

Urgamanix just wrote in the trello board that he finished a new version v1.x with includes the possibility to rocketlaunch.
Coincidentally, epic released today a new update of the main game, which finally adresses the UT4 rocketlauncher, though Im not sure whether its just optics at this point. So Im also not sure whther Urgas changes still work in the updated game. But both hammer and rocket launching are the next up items in his agenda.

The new movement possibilities make exploring tricks and launches even more fun now, and I imagine that there may be new tricks even on exisitnig maps which are harder than ever to pull off nicely but the same more rewarding.

The new build today only include on RL:
Added WIP 40% complete Rocket Launcher prototype mesh, materials, & animations.
Slightly reduced rocket damage radius.
Slightly reduced rocket imparted momentum.

Last edited:
Regarding rocket launching:

The new build doesnt affect anything but the model and the splash radius speed, just a coincidence im getting around to it at the same time. It will.be ready in a few days to test - i need to pass the new code to diode who will put it in to Siege. Not sure if siege is smaller now, hopefully it is.

Having said that: lets discuss another angle. Even though im adding the boosting functionality, Epic dont really want rocket launching enabled as they feel it spoils gameplay (I believe they are ok with hammer boosting). If Epic want to turn off rocket boosting in order to include Assault out-of-the-box, im happy to have the discussion with them. If worst comes to worst we can always think of another way to do stuff like siege launches. In the end there arent many AS maps that use rox launching.

I think that hammer launching is a must! I could live without rocketlaunching. However if they really don't want rl included, we could make it optionally and make a compromise with epic.

But make sure, they just won't rip off your code and change it as they like!

My point of view is we must add the rocketlaunch to test it out and also show the possibilities for Epic. Otherwise we have nothing
to discuss about really. The hammerlaunch is maybe a more natural launch? :satan:

Gameplay from latest build but I also tried to talk during the playround :eek:
Just some basic info, not for serious players :satan:
What do you think, better or worse with commentating?

Gameplay #18
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Downloaded this afternoon, bumped into sobo on an iGib server. Only played iGib tonight, but enjoyed it. May try normal weaps in the next few days... gaming time is limited these days tho :(