GolgothaAL challenge...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Useless

Bravo
Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
I thought I came up with an amazing trick in Golgotha, but I can't seem to get it to work online. It works in single player however, so I thought I'd post it as a challenge. If I ever manage it online you'll be the last to know.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The Challenge:

Touch the castle wall in GolgothaAL (any part) offline (meaning with no other players to help you obviously). The rest of the typical offline rules apply.

Restrictions:

You must be on attack :P
You must start from the spawn cave, obviously
You are not allowed to trigger any objectives
You are only allowed to hit your primary hammer ONCE
You are not allowed to alt-hammer
Use godmode if you want, I don't think it'll make a difference
No time limit

Post questions / solutions here, and I promise this IS POSSIBLE offline - I know cos I've just done it :bounce:

Last edited:
/me waits for Nuts to complete his quest to locate a bio or ripper outside the temple.

hammer over temple entrance (to avoid trigger), then collect bio/ripper+ammo, jump or dodge back and suicide... sometimes (what seems random) the weapon will make it back allowing the player to pick it up

however... then what :D well maybe god-mode is gonna help here

I knew you could hammer over Undead and sneak past Siege, but i didn't know the same was true of the Temple. Try it anyway :P

here's the absolutely-requires-godmode way.... so I'm still curious for your solution :D

Attachments

• reachCastleWall_1hammer_noObjectives_godmode.rar
    375.4 KB · Views: 63
Grr, I don't have demo manager any more, it kept crashing my UT. But PM me your solution and I'll prolly confirm it :D

you can always use "demoplay xyz"
@ datel: that ripperjumping is so hard in the first 10 minutes :D

but i think it doesn't involve any other weapons, right?
there must be a spot where you can slide up the upper slope?

hi crough bug while jumping on a wall and move updwards and wait zillion seconds -.- old trick m8

ok here for the noobs :D :

look straight into a wall, run forward and jump into the wall.
then press crouch/walk and try to slide the wall up. it will take some practise and time
because its very slow. and often you have to move your crosshair 90degrees or so
and press left/right instead of forward.

works on a lot of walls, not only on golgotha ;) + you will get most chances at walls which are next
to a straight wall (map ending)
it even works online and other players see you down there crouching (I think its due to server lag at walls).
kinda funny cos they will shot there while you are above the actual spot but its lame and useless except
for defenders imo

I think thats all you wanted to know?

Last edited:
ok here for the noobs :D :

look straight into a wall, run forward and jump into the wall.
then press crouch/walk and try to slide the wall up. it will take some practise and time
because its very slow. and often you have to move your crosshair 90degrees or so
and press left/right instead of forward.

works on a lot of walls, not only on golgotha ;) + you will get most chances at walls which are next
to a straight wall (map ending)
it even works online and other players see you down there crouching (I think its due to server lag at walls).
kinda funny cos they will shot there while you are above the actual spot but its lame and useless except
for defenders imo

I think thats all you wanted to know?

:clap: Exactly :P For the record, Datel's PMed solution was totally wrong but possibly doable within the rules. The man's mad.

As for it being an old trick, I really need to get with the program around here cos I keep coming up with shit that people have known about since the dawn of the universe.

Incidentally, I side-dodged up the slope and caught the seam between the two sections - it gets you higher to begin with and you don't have to spend so much time inching your way up the remainder. Worst is when you reach the top and the edge bumps you down again :shout:

:clap: Exactly :P For the record, Datel's PMed solution was totally wrong but possibly doable within the rules. The man's mad.

As for it being an old trick, I really need to get with the program around here cos I keep coming up with shit that people have known about since the dawn of the universe.

Incidentally, I side-dodged up the slope and caught the seam between the two sections - it gets you higher to begin with and you don't have to spend so much time inching your way up the remainder. Worst is when you reach the top and the edge bumps you down again :shout:

:P ye dodging first bit is faster :D

hold "walk" at the last bit so you can jump ;)
btw sorry if I spoiled everything