Get all your Hammerjump binds here!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

LoneRanger

BLAH
Sep 25, 2001
CT, USA
Ok, so for all of you new to Assault or those who just want to find a new bind, here's a list of Hammerjump binds :). For those that need them, directions are below the list of binds (Sorry if they're confusing, PM me on the forums or ICQ me if you need anymore help :))

1. Aliases[26]=(Command="getweapon impacthammer | Button bFire | Fire | OnRelease Jump",Alias=hammer)
Notes: Standard bind, simply hold down and wait for the hammer to be selected and charged, then release

2. Aliases[25]=(Command="onrelease jump",Alias=ReleaseJump)
Notes: Also quite standard. Please note that for this to actually work you must put this next to the binded key: F=getweapon ImpactHammer | Fire | ReleaseJump

3. getweapon impacthammer
Notes: Simply a basic method to call up the impact hammer; All that is necessary to bind this is to use the following format: F=getweapon impacthammer (change F to the key that you please). Now hold down the primary fire key and jump as you release.

4. Aliases[xx]=(Command="GetWeapon ImpactHammer|Fire|Toggle bFire|Jump",Alias=HammerJump)
Notes: Standard jump; click once to select hammer and charge, click again to release and jump.

Directions:In order to use this:
1. Go to your User.ini, located in the System folder for UT (usually C: \UnrealTournament\System\User.ini)
2. Scroll down to [Engine.Input] (Close to the very top); What should appear is a list of spaces which we will use that appear in the following format:

Aliases[n]=(Command="list of commands to be executed", Alias="Name"
3. Now find the first open Alias (Which should be 26 i think, if you haven't made any custom alias's yet)
4. Next step is to add in to the alias. Simply copy the command from one of these binds into the command area in the User.ini. Then add an Alias (Note: The alias does NOT have to be the same as presented in this forum; It can be whatever is easy for you to remember) The whole alias should now appear the way it does on the forum, just possibly with a different Alias= and number
5. The final step is to actually bind the bind to the key. To do this, find the key you wish to have execute the command (For numbers, alphabet, and most others, its the name of the key, ; is Semicolon however, etc.). Browse through until you find the one you want. Now you want to put the alias there. (i.e. To bind the #1 bind above to the F key, it would be F=hammer)
6. Have fun with your new bind!

Special Thanks go out to:
Paa` (provided Bind #1)
jwer_NL (provided Bind #2)
Pyschotic (provided Bind #4)

If you have alternative binds, please post here!

Last edited:
Originally posted by Uzi-Suicide
oh come on, who needs a bind for the 2ndry 1?

Me. Not because I cant do it, because I cant be arsed to do it manually.

there was also some kinda way that you could do a normal jump when you have the jumpboots, so that you don't jump high, anyone know how?

hmm did u understand my question? cause that didnt work. I mean that when you pickup jump boots, is there a way that you can jump normal jump height instead of jumping boot height and using the boots?

i completely understood, i just forogot the fookin bind, coulda sworn that worked.

meanwhile, i'm gonna find that. and there is no way to actually jump at normal height with boots.. you'll jump a little lower

Originally posted by Black Ninja
hmm did u understand my question? cause that didnt work. I mean that when you pickup jump boots, is there a way that you can jump normal jump height instead of jumping boot height and using the boots?

Hold down ur shift key(=standard walk modifier key) while u jump m8
or bind Walking to any other key u prefer

Yeh bind "walking" to any key and hold it while u jump.
Its for DM of iCTF. In assault its usefull in... two maps? To get the vials after boots (bridge), and maybe Lava2, nothing else :lol:

And this is my hammerjump bind, slightly different:

Aliases[xx]=(Command="GetWeapon ImpactHammer|Fire|Toggle bFire|Jump",Alias=HammerJump)

The difference is I dont need to hold a key, then release.
Hit they bind once to charge the hammer, hit again to jump. This way while I charge the hammer I have all my fingers free to move nimbly :D

There is a small flaw: you will also jump the first time u hit the bind to charge the hammer.
It might be annoying i.e. walking down overlord tunnels. Anyway, Its better to do this jump manually :P
To prevent this, hit the bind to charge while u dodge or crouch.

it would certainly be handy for me on bridge, those xtra vials could just get me up on the bridge :P And also on some DM maps if i want to save my boots for another time :) And euhm... i play with the arrow keys and i charge hammer with Shift so i dont mind holding it, i could play UT with just 2 keys and still own you ;) :p:

Ohh...

So there are binds for hammerjumping :eek:
Damn, never knew...
:stupid: