Fraghub Thoughts

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Geo

One & Only
Aug 20, 2003
Scotland
So what happens now with fraghub as it def aint gonna grow now that they have announced 2k5 is just around the corner ?
I dont think many clans will join now as whats the sense in it with 2k5 coming which means that it aint gonna grow at all now so the league for 2k4 is basically dead and not worth the effort im sorry to say :(

2005 is not due out till the very end of 2004:rub:

It doesn't hurt to help and get fraghub active.

You could as an example talk to other clan's ask em what kind of feature's they're looking for in a league and send the idea's to admins for instance.
Stuff like that.

If we all pitch in it shouldn't be a prob getting some more clans in here to join teh fun.:D

Like said before once we get enough clans we can kick in with the 1337 nonagon. Wich should boost activity a lot imo.;)

Well Legions prob is at the moment is if they wanna waste there time knowing 2k5 is coming out now infact they actually thinking this is end of ut for em alltogether and wont continue wasting money on this epic series of shite now as you cant honestly settle in with an unreal out every year :(

And its hard enuff to get teams to join fraghub as it is as ive spent numerous hrs trying to convice major + new clans from various places to give it a try ,but now this is gonna make it very hard indeed and with all my work trying to get other clans invovled in past with no great avail then...........

Gazzy says "activity" would help the league as a suggestion of what hes looking for in fraghub loool

Last edited:
We should carry on with the League and make preparations for UT2005.
Who knows if this version will be the 'final' (at least for some years)?

People are leaving already.
If you look at the number of servers it is decreasing.

one of the problems i think anyway is that there are people out the that play 2k4 but dont wanna join clans and people say that they dont like 2k4 after playing th demo. ffs the demo was shit compeard to the full game. and for people that do wanna join clans in the league ffs get in tuch with the clans. so what dose the rest of the people think

Tzu said:
So what happens now with fraghub as it def aint gonna grow now that they have announced 2k5 is just around the corner ?
I dont think many clans will join now as whats the sense in it with 2k5 coming which means that it aint gonna grow at all now so the league for 2k4 is basically dead and not worth the effort im sorry to say :(

Fraghub was designed to support multiple games/gametypes/leagues.

imo therefore, it doesnt necessarily follow that if people stop playing UT2004, Fraghub will die.

I haven't heard much about ut2005 (2006 :p), does it include assault? might we get some more nice AS maps?

well if u compare fraghub to uta u can see straight away what's gone wrong and why

- uta was created to fulfil a void in the unreal community - an assault league

- fraghub was developed as a natural continuation of UTA (im guessing) but the demand for another assault/ons league wasnt there, certainly not from existing ut99 clans at least

i don't really think a lot of the clans who actually schedule and play in matches in fraghub are genuinely into ut2004, just forming clans proAS style and playing as a matter of cause to support uta. assault and ons arent majorly popular to begin with, even within clanbase and there are 4 or 5 alternatives which were setup long before fraghub finally got going. i know even in my own clan how difficult it was to find 6 motivated ppl to play, think i recruited and kicked like 12 (most of whom slipped back into ut99) before we had some sort of regular line up.

just my 2c

Reactions: Konnan