FFS

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

:wow: thats crazy stuff. I run 2 clients at work, which probably operate about 15% of the working week... I can't remember if I had permission, but one of them runs on my Directors computer!

At an early stage in the proceedings, prosecutors claimed that McOwen had cost the state of Georgia $415,000 in bandwidth charges, based on a calculation that the distributed.net clients consumed precisely 59 cents worth of bandwidth per second. The state has since backed away from the $415,000 figure.

"I think the prosecutor's office needs some lessons in computer science," says Farber. "If you want to make a point, there are much better examples than this guy."

Problem with law suits is that they start trends... :(

Installing it on Work Computers is sooooo naugty fs, I'd never do that :rolleyes:

I saw the stuff about this guy on the Anandtech forums a while back, its a damn joke, all hes doing is making use of unused computer time. The only thing I can think he actually "used" that they could claim cost them money was the bandwidth, and thats nothing ffs. Their making a scapegoat of the poor guy.

I'm deliberately raping my P133 at work with this. :evil: (The bastard needs a week per packet)
So come and sue me, this shit part of hardware doesn't deserve better.

And the bandwith statement in the article must be the biggest joke I've ever heard.