fast UT

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

....erm....er....thx.....WTF Deadboy!!! I will give it a go m8 and thx for your help! You some sort of pc guru or sommat....and do you live in NW in the UK? Sure could save a few quid comeing round to your house!! ;)
Thanks m8..will let you know how I get on!

:)

WaYnOs said:
....erm....er....thx.....WTF Deadboy!!! I will give it a go m8 and thx for your help! You some sort of pc guru or sommat....and do you live in NW in the UK? Sure could save a few quid comeing round to your house!! ;)
Thanks m8..will let you know how I get on!

:)

I live way down south m8

on the coast near a town called lymington

and your welcome

Well, it would appear that the patch worked without having to change to open GL! Thanks for your help m8! Was kinda glad I did not have to throw this machine outta the window.....again! hehe!

Cheers DeadBoy! :)

installed the hotfix and the game runs smooth again. but if the framerate is above 200 the game is about twice as fast in single player.
Couldnt test MP because i cant see any servers lol

I use the improved opengl renderer. so I limited the frames to 200, however i would like more because the more frames are rendered the less disturbing is the overdrive of my monitor (it uses 3 frames iirc). I still perceive it at 200fps.

Something else. The brightness adjustment is made useless each time i restart ut. i need to switch to 16bit and 32 bit to reactivate it. And it wont at all work in windowed mode.

Maybe someone can help

installed the hotfix and the game runs smooth again. but if the framerate is above 200 the game is about twice as fast in single player.
Couldnt test MP because i cant see any servers lol

I use the improved opengl renderer. so I limited the frames to 200, however i would like more because the more frames are rendered the less disturbing is the overdrive of my monitor (it uses 3 frames iirc). I still perceive it at 200fps.

Something else. The brightness adjustment is made useless each time i restart ut. i need to switch to 16bit and 32 bit to reactivate it. And it wont at all work in windowed mode.

Maybe someone can help

Fix for brightness problem.
Look at my attachment. There are 2 files.. SetGamma.exe and pulpit shortcut.
1 - Unpack SetGamma.exe wherever you want and shortcut to the desktop
2 - Edit shortcut and path to the file. Current shortcut points to "D:\" which is my location of this file.

Once you edited it make sure shortcut path looks similar to this "D:\SetGamma.exe -reset".

Attachments

• SetGamma.rar
    2.8 KB · Views: 33
Ok i got rid of most of the severe problems.
Couldnt manage to prevent the game from using double speed at high framerates, so i use a framelimiter at 240 fps now, which is good enough for the overdrive issue.

What still bothers me that when playing online it feels totally jerky like getting about 20-30 fps all the time, although fps shows 240 and my netspeed is high enough too.:\