FarCry Assault League?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ulv said:
HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW THAT?!?

im just saying, its a different type of game, multiplayer would be like singleplayer, just killing ppl, its a slow game, its not a run and gun like UT. its more like CS tbh with the guns and stuff.

Farcry Assault was great when I pld it some online, the closest to UT assault mode from other games (objective based gameplay), and really nice graphics (real physics, not stupid mosnter-robot-quake shit as in ut2k3-4). You can even launch in it like in ut. I would love to play it in a league, if only there was lots of ppl that were up for it...

Reactions: Mushroomhead
launch?
on every server i've pld on you can kill/get kill by your own team...
And its totally different from CS... you have respawn... mostly every 15 secs... just try it plz
and btw, it is a run and gun game... only a bit more advanced than UT

how long would it take to add a league to fraghub? even if it was very basic just to see how it gose for a couple of months?

and why dose everyone think fraghub has to be a UT league based? i though u wanted it to be a muti gaming league

we wanna pwn CB´s ass.... CB sux cock... most of CB admins are crybaby whiners

»Player~63« said:
how long would it take to add a league to fraghub? even if it was very basic just to see how it gose for a couple of months?

and why dose everyone think fraghub has to be a UT league based? i though u wanted it to be a muti gaming league

however long it takes do you seriously expect people to put any time into creating a league that all of 3 people have shown an interest in? when the 2k4 league was started lots of people were interested, as well as the ut99 league with other possible interest as its a related game... and that still didnt "take off".

make a league just because 2 people want to play the game? should you guys play 1on1 or what? make a try on bf2 or 2007 that some guys are "waiting" for.

You need to start up with a totally new game that is going to be a major success before you can run a league with success.
BF2 might, UT2007 maybe...*cough*, etc.

UTA became big due to the enormuous popularity at the time UT came out. But the circumstances were different back then. Thay weren't many games. Now there's 100's of games trying to get attention and therefore spreading people widely.

i never liked BF... why should i play BF2 then?
I´ll stick with UT till im 60 ;)

well... who knows... maybe some day a company will come up out of nowhere and bring a game into the stores that will all tie us down like Epic did back then with Unreal Tournament. :thumb:

but most of you are right, there are really many cool games out there atm and thats the problem... its just too many...

when i think back in time, it was UT & Quake, that was about it... then CS joined the race... but never was a real enemy for UT & Q.

But look today.... there are so many games and not really more gamers... no wonder ladders & leagues have a hard time... gamers splitted up to games like:

Unreal Tournament, Quake 3, Far Cry, Söldner, Ravenshield, Counterstrike, Battlefield, Unreal Tournament 2k3, Unreal Tournament 2k4, Pariah, Halo, Hidden & Dangerous, Medal of Honor, Soldier of Fortune, Tribes, ... and i bet there are at least another handful i just cant think of right now.

Additional to that, games from other Genre come and steal our players.. thinking of WoW as a current example.

Some more development on the league code would be required to make it flexible enough to support lots of different types of league.

Fraghub was an attempt to get things going with UT2004, and was primarily designed for that. Relax will be able to better explain it, but I think he is tied up with WoW with no real interest in being involved in other games. I am of the same mindset, and I didn't even play UT2004 at all - I just wrote a chunk of the code to support UTA and to provide somewhere for UTA to go if needed.

Perhaps there is still time, people who have PHP skills would be welcome to work on the league code to allow it to be used for any league or game in the future. There needs to be people with a passion for the game and an interest in making it a sucess. Otherwise we just end up in the same situation again like people have mentioned.

Yes we can have a league for X game, as long as there are a team of people with the required skills to help build it up, such as coders, mod makers for league interaction and administrators who are clued up on the game to the extreme.

k forget about Pariah ... i just played this piece of shit. Game is so shitty and almost unplayable.

Reactions: Mushroomhead