[Euro 2008] Prediction Thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Smant, they dont just rank them based on what they've done recently. Its a point system that starts every so often. They lose points/gain points from winning qualifiers/friendlies/tournaments. Italy were #1 before this and because they had a bad tournament (it wasn't that bad) doesn't mean they should be thrown down the rankings. And its the European Cup lol, America have their own version the Central American cup or something and afaik Canada play in the Copa America, you have versions of continental football.

Ukraine have some very good players. Shevchenko a couple of years ago was considered the best striker in the world. Voronin had a good world cup which is why Liverpool bought him. They have a few other players dotted around that have been rated highly and still are. Rebrov springs to mind who played at Tottenham.

You can never really trust rankings though because as you said Mexico can play a country no one has ever heard of and have 2928289 points. I didn't even know Ukraine actually had people living there until three weeks ago when I met someone from Kiev, and now I'm stunned they have a football team. My point wasn't anything against Ukraine, it was more "wow USA is shit at soccer" Italy won world cup 2006 but they failed miserably in EC 2008, hence they don't deserve to be #2. Doing rankings based upon that is kind of bogus. "Oh Spain won a cup only Europeans are invited to, therefore they must be #1, and Italy won the last major international cup before that so they must be #2" and it's going to take (by your count) until 2010 to get a fairly crap team of metrosexuals out of the top 10.

dont speak about ur ignorance so openly plz :boozer:

I'm still amazed that croatia with only 4 million people manage to have such a good football team!

click on Argentina and on Brazil then you'll see their lastest results.

BRazil lost 2 of their last 3 matches against weak teams and tied the last against Argentina.
Argentina tied all three matches.

The fifa ranking is a joke anyway. Due the weak conmebol zone brazil and argentina gets automatically boosted ontop of this rankings anyway.

Last edited: