Dynamic Package Loader

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Cratos

+++++++++
Sep 20, 2001
Austria
On repeated request I am publishing my DynamicPackageLoader. This is for advanced serveradmins ONLY!

What is it?
Dynamic Package Loader is a litte mod that allows you to customize serverpackages and serveractors depending on mapname / gametype.

What can you do with it?
Some examples:
* Running UTPure for DM and CSHP for LeagueAS on the same server
* Running different irc-reporters for DM and AS
* Adding different mods/serveractors for different gametypes
* Installing Custommaps that require extra Serverpackages and add those Serverpackages only when that specific maps runs (do not force players to download every crap texture for every crap custom map you have installed ;))

Where can I get it?
Download it here: DynamicPackageLoader
(if IE wants to save it as Attachment.php just rename it to DynamicPackageLoader.zip)

How to configure it?
I cba to write a big documentation for it, just check the readme and the inifile and you will get the idea.

have fun

Attachments

• DynamicPackageLoader.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 894
  • DynamicPackageLoader_V2_20060202.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 856
Last edited:
Uploaded new version (DynamicPackageLoader_V2_20060202.zip) that is able to load Arena/InstaGIB Mutators properly (those need a spcial early loading)

you have to add "DynamicPackageLoader.DynamicMutatorLoader" to your servermutators to benefit from this feature, best add it to the ServerStartLine ;)

Nice stuff. I just wanted to point out that things can get tricky though if you're using a gametype that uses maps from another one. For example, the Siege gametype uses CTF maps. Since CTF works with Pure but Siege doesn't, this can be a bit of a problem. Anyway, I'll see if a solution is possible in this case.

Hello cartos,

i searched for u on the irc and msn with no luck,

i'm having a problem with the DynamicPackageLoader

when i load a dm map
it dosent add the "*" mutators just the regular ones

i'm breaking my head over this with no luck... can u please help me..

Code:
[DynamicPackageLoader.DynamicPackageLoader]
bEnabled=True
DebugLevel=0
ServerPackages[0]=Botpack
ServerPackages[1]=Relics
ServerPackages[2]=UBrowser
ServerPackages[3]=UTBrowser
ServerPackages[4]=UMenu
ServerPackages[5]=UTMenu
ServerPackages[6]=UWindow
ServerPackages[7]=SoldierSkins
ServerPackages[8]=CommandoSkins
ServerPackages[9]=FCommandoSkins
ServerPackages[10]=SGirlSkins
ServerPackages[11]=BossSkins
ServerPackages[12]=MultiMesh
ServerPackages[13]=TSkMSkins
ServerPackages[14]=SkeletalChars
ServerPackages[15]=MapVoteLA13
ServerPackages[16]=MODOSUtilsV30
ServerPackages[17]=
ServerPackages[18]=
ServerPackages[19]=
ServerPackages[20]=
ServerPackages[21]=
ServerPackages[22]=
ServerPackages[23]=
ServerPackages[24]=
DynamicPackages[0]=RA-;
DynamicPackages[1]=DM-;UTPureRC7G;BP1Handler7G;BP4Handler7G;SmartCTF_4D;IUTDCv12;UTDCv21;UTDCv21dll;ZeroPingPlus103
DynamicPackages[2]=CTF-;UTPureRC7G;BP1Handler7G;BP4Handler7G;SmartCTF_4D;IUTDCv12;UTDCv21;UTDCv21dll;ZeroPingPlus103
DynamicPackages[3]=
DynamicPackages[4]=
DynamicPackages[5]=
DynamicPackages[6]=
DynamicPackages[7]=
DynamicPackages[8]=
DynamicPackages[9]=
DynamicActors[0]=DM-;UTPureRC7G.UTPureSA;SmartCTF_4D.SmartCTFServerActor;UTDCv21.SMain;UTDCAMv12.SMain;MODOSUtilsV30.TeamBalanceActor;;MODOSUtilsV30.MODOSSBServerActor;ModMenuChecker_v120.MMCsa;IpToCountry.LinkActor
DynamicActors[1]=CTF-;UTPureRC7G.UTPureSA;SmartCTF_4D.SmartCTFServerActor;UTDCv21.SMain;UTDCAMv12.SMain;MODOSUtilsV30.TeamBalanceActor;MODOSUtilsV30.MODOSSBServerActor;ModMenuChecker_v120.MMCsa;IpToCountry.LinkActor
DynamicActors[2]=RA-;RAFix_V2.Main
DynamicActors[3]=*;MapVoteLA13.BDBMapVote;MonsterAnnouncerLA.MA_ServerActor;ACLSv210.ChatLogger;BotPack.NoRedeemer
DynamicActors[4]=
DynamicActors[5]=
DynamicActors[6]=
DynamicActors[7]=
DynamicActors[8]=
DynamicActors[9]=

There shouldn't be any reason why it doesn't work...

You do have a duplicate semi-colon in the DM- line, but that wouldn't stop it from processing, it would just ignore that.

Can you just check that you're definitely using the v2 version? It should be 14-15kb in size, compared to the older version which was 11-12kb.

Otherwise, set your debuglevel to 2, restart your server then try changing between, say, ctf and dm, then post the server log please.

Last edited:
It doesnt work that way, well not as far as i can remember but its been a while since I set it up on my servers

I assume by * you are trying to load those actors for every map/gametype in which case there is no need for them to be dynamically loaded is there.

edit your [Engine.GameEngine] section so that those actors appear there, ServerActors=DynamicPackageLoader.DynamicPackageLoader should be the last line of that section.
Any actor listed before the DPL loader will always be loaded as normal, once DPL loads itll load the dynamic actors you specify under the [DynamicPackageLoader.DynamicPackageLoader] section of your ini

Hello cartos,

i searched for u on the irc and msn with no luck,

i'm having a problem with the DynamicPackageLoader

when i load a dm map
it dosent add the "*" mutators just the regular ones

i'm breaking my head over this with no luck... can u please help me..

Code:
[DynamicPackageLoader.DynamicPackageLoader]
bEnabled=True
DebugLevel=0

DynamicActors[3]=*;MapVoteLA13.BDBMapVote;MonsterAnnouncerLA.MA_ServerActor;ACLSv210.ChatLogger;BotPack.NoRedeemer

This mod is for ServerPackages & ServerActors (Not Mutators as such)
at least one of these DA's are not a DA

Try removing the offender(s) to yield better results.

Keep up the Good Work Cratos, I have a Minor issue myself regarding AnthChacker_v138 (build 8), in the log file it reports that it cannot find itself in the ServerActors="" List , I looked their and there are no ServerActors to be Seen Except for DynamicPackageLoader....
So I Added ServerActor=AnthChecker_v138 and resolved the issue (sort of).

ServerPackages List is complete
ServerActors List has only DynamicPackageLoader listed.

is their a fix for this?

Cheers.

NightHawk, Try reading your Server_Logs for the offending Packages , get used finding problems that way its alot faster.

Last edited: