Diablo 3

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Solar´

=]????[=
Dec 5, 2003
Belgium
Since a lot of you are talking about it and many will play it I started this topic!

Let us know what class you are using, skills, specials, items and so on.

Share the experience!

I'm getting my copy somewhere this week...

BattleTags
Solar#2125
derzonk#2108
sneez#2864
lilfree#2630
KateBosworth#2973
ert#1471
html#1776
Promax#2715
Conkea #2904 (Axl)
TobaltPlatnm#2506 (sobo)
Jertje#2286 (Menace)

Last edited:
yay for free tshirt :D arrived 35 min before store opening 18th in line.... first 25 get a free tshirt, guy came out with papers 5-6 min after i arrived: " 3 collectors edition left who wants one" .... GIMME DAT.... and I got it :D
tshirtdn.jpg

Last edited:
you bought a cheap fake html, it's all written backwards...

anyway after 5hrs diablo today i'm looking forward to the weekend...

server kicked me once and i used that break for some food, retyping the password for login is crap but i made a makro so after many retries i was online again...

Do you guys play the story first time online or offline?

And do you also have the impression that the open beta was faster and easier? D3 is close to laggy for me but the demo went so smooth...

and why is decard again unable to identify my shit yet... i saved his fucking live... maybe he has alzheimer...

Cool links to D1, good game...

:wave:

mate with lvl 31 monk vs diablo and the shadows = left click on diablo and spam skills, he didn't even have to heal or move, tanked all of diablos skills and healed back up without ever dropping below 60%, what a disappointment

no, you can still change skills with elective mode disabled.

theres 6 types of skills (primary, seconday, defensive, might, tactics, rage as a barbarian). without elective mode you can just put one spell of each category on your action bars. I think they did it for beginners so they dont choose skill setups without attacks etc :P

derz:

to identify items right click on them in your inventory, takes 3-4 seconds

and yes their stress test didnt do much it seems, theres deffo more ppl than they expected playing the game, during the day here 8am to 4 pm ping was fine when server was up (server was down for about 2-4 hours during that period for patches) but after that when people got back from work ping when to shit (300 average with spikes up to 500), almost died once cuz of it... I hope todays gonna be better, managed to do 2 acts yesterday, hopefully i can finish the game today

YES use elective mode and avanced tooltips, i also turned on display damage done healing done monster healthbars monsters hitpoints

So far I fucking LOVE nearly everything about the game, when you get a multilevel "dungeon" theres always a portal at the end to take you to the entrance, you don't have to backtrack as much as in D2. Also I think their "damage" section that actually precisely gives you your DPS output is AWESOME. Like if you equip a ring that does +2-4 damage its SO much better with fast attacking weapons just equip different stuff and you see your DPS react accordingly without having to deal the whole complicated math yourself. in act 2 i met a reference to the Dune universe (many books, games, a movie and a TV show, and second only to Tolkien's universe imo) the game feels familiar yet really fresh and polished

I guess halfway through my only disapointments are A) the obvious failure of the servers to provide a constant lag free environment, even though they did a stress test that PROOVED they needed more/better servers B) this may be that the demon hunter/monk are a bit overpowered (at least on normal) but the final bosses of act 1 and 2 are really easy (easier than andariel and duriel)

mate with lvl 31 monk vs diablo and the shadows = left click on diablo and spam skills, he didn't even have to heal or move, tanked all of diablos skills and healed back up without ever dropping below 60%, what a disappointment

B) this may be that the demon hunter/monk are a bit overpowered (at least on normal) but the final bosses of act 1 and 2 are really easy

do you mean its disappoiting because the game is easy on easy mode ?

im using demon hunter lvl 26 in act 3 atm

my skills are:

1: fan of knives/caltrops both used for when i got enemies surrounding me at close range, fan of knives does massive damage in small AoE and caltrops massively slows them so i can run away
2:vault, one of my most used ability, so usefull for fights, esp boss fights, you basically do a somersault in one direction to either evade enemies.... or move around the map faster :)
3: chakram, this is my "clean wipe" skill, it summons a magical shuriken looking thingy that moves infront of you doing circles, its kinda weird but it covers a huge area and goes through monsters damaging them all so ya spam that when theres large groups of monsters and gg
4: preparation, not the most usefull i know but i use it for easy, it fully restores my discipline and has a 40 sec cooldown the only skill i use that costs discipline is vault, so basically when i have to run a lot that gives me 2x more vaults, makes the game go a bit faster :)
Left Click: hungering arrow, my only hatred generator fires a single arrow thats kinda like an "aiming arrow" its kinda like "killing stuff for noobs" just aim in their general direction of the monster (pretty much 70-80degree arc) and it will find a target and hit it for a lil more than base damage
Right click: the most awesome skill in the game imo: rapid fire..... lets just say its usefull for shooting down bunches of barrels quick as it has a low "cast time animation" and..... other stuff as well (see first image below)
passive 1: steady aim.... increases all damage done by 20% as long as theres no enemies within 10 yards
passive 2: forgot the name but it increase my max hatred to 150 (from 125) and gives me some hatred and discipline with every health globe i pick up (and theres a shitton of those)

ppB7B.jpg

me using the twin chakrum (runed variant of chakrum that summons 2 discs for 100% weapon damage instead of 1 disc for 150% wep dmg) to clear a clusterfuck of weak monsters of the left side (they rotate like that gun in contra 1 that was kinda shitty :)
A8d83.jpg

also the 40$ extra for collectors edition was worthy if only for the tyrael wings, IM AN ANGEL! :D
IxdYW.jpg

and yea I think promax is right, half of my concerns are that the game is too easy.... on normal difficulty (the easiest of 4 settings)..... and comparing it to diablo 2, but when i played diablo 2 i had no clue really..... like on act 1 i levelled up my skeleton warriors a lot on my necromancer, and then found andariel hard when she 1 shot my huge army of skellys........ or like i leveled up my healing aura a lot on my pally cuz i loved passive hp regen which left me with a laughable DPS output... -_- now i know how to optimize my DPS on my demon hunter and nothing can withstand my hatred for demons!

Last edited:
do you mean its disappoiting because the game is easy on easy mode ?

Yes? Do you think I'll be satisfied when I learn that I have to beat the game once or even twice for it to get significantly challenging? Heck, D2 Easy mode was easy, but at least once you got to Diablo you had to bloody move when he pulled this 1 off else you'd die pretty quick, no matter what class or what items you had on
Lightninghose.JPG

A lvl 31 monk healed himself back up every time with that op skill of his, without wasting a pot or even moving to kill Diablo, never dropped to half HP, he didn't even have very high fire resistance, mostly just standard tanky items as well as some magic find, no party with him, did the same with the shadows. So yes, that's bloody disappointing.