Damn this video card

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

hmmm.... as u can see here it may be a m0bo issue :(

asus mobo list

hopefully ill get a new system soon (xcept for the 9700 :p) w AGPx8 support and some nice ddr ram's

does some1 know how to configure keyboard NOT to use the windows95 buttons (or whatever its called)?

Originally posted by Bl@dE

btw: OpenGL worx fine but i got problems with windows menu buttons on keyboard that minimizes UT when playing grrrrr...man im arse! :mad:

No I'm Arse, you're Bl@de. The long Swedish winter nights getting to u already?

Originally posted by Bl@dE

does some1 know how to configure keyboard NOT to use the windows95 buttons (or whatever its called)?

SUMMARY
It is possible to disable the Windows key that is now available on many new computer keyboards. This key usually provides shortcut access to the Start button or other Windows NT functions.
MORE INFORMATION
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

To disable the Windows key, do the following steps:
Click Start, click Run, type regedt32, and then click OK.
On the Windows menu, click HKEY_LOCAL_ MACHINE on Local Machine.
Click the System\CurrentControlSet\Control folder, and then double-click the Keyboard Layout folder.
On the Edit menu, click Add Value, type in Scancode Map, click REG_BINARY as the Data Type, and then click OK.
Type 00000000000000000300000000005BE000005CE000000000 in the Data field, and then click OK.
Close the Registry Editor and restart the computer.

I would like to thank u all for helping me out..
It all works now and gives an 100 FPS average at rook :D

The problem was
1) Old ati drivers, replaced them with fresh ones
2) D3D didnt work, OpenGl works just fine
3) Frequency was overclocked to 140, have set it to auto..

Tnx again :spam: u soon :)

I had huge problems too when I first got my gigabyte radeon 9700 pro card. My system would reboot it self now and then. I couldn't play any game for more then 1 minute b4 my system crashed.
But after installing the new beta driver from the gigabyte site, flashing my bios and updated my XP.
It works perfect now.

*If you're gonna flash your bios, make sure you know what you are doing. And only do it if you really need to.

Originally posted by Gazzy
100 fps :lol:

guess the R9700 doesnt like UT ? since it should surely be pushing the 350+ mark in fps.

Depends what the limiting factor is.

UT will only run as fast as the slowest part, and that would probably be the CPU.

For example. If apex tried 640*480 then 1024*768, he probably wouldnt see any change in frame rate whats so ever.

Interesting observation Bahamut however i see that his CPU appears to be a beasty 2.2ghz AMD, thats practically brand new, in fact isnt that a 2600+ or sommet?

Hence i seriously doubt that the CPU is the limiting factor in this instance and i would go as far as to say that such a CPU would be getting close to complimenting the R9700 quite nicely.

Therefore unless hes got V sync on he should be busting the fps through the roof. Having said that ive heard that the R9700 isnt the best choice for UT, even though its a spanking card for just about everything else.

I could have heard wrong like but him getting 100 fps seems to support this imo.

Gonna start setting up my new system tonight so the above info should prove useful for me :) There have been a lot of mobo issues with the Rad 9700 - the guy building my system had some with the original choice. The maion problem is really just that the rad 9700 is more advanced than most of the mobos out there, remember the Rad 9700 is the latest, bestest technology there is - to get a mobo of equivalent status you really want to be going for something new and top of the range. I've now got a Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 533mhz, latest intel 845 chipset etc etc. Super - what exactly do you mean about flashing the bios - is that the graphics card bios, and if so what is the advantage of that? I flashed my Rad 8500LE bios to turn it into a pro, but if you have a Rad 9700 Pro already?

Formatting wont be a problem for me - whole system is new. Specs are:

P4 2.4g
Rad 9700 Pro
512 PC2700
Gigabyte GA-PE667 Ultra mobo
80gig 7200 hd

Fingers crossed for me please guys :D

I meant my motherboards bios
ASUS P4S8X SIS648 6PCI 1AGP8x 3DDR-DIMM ATA133/SATA Firewire Socket478 ATX

I had 1003x and upgraded to 1004

gl Spirit :thumb: