Cryostasis...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Useless

Bravo
Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
Anyone had a go at this yet? It's yet another linear fps trudge through some weird and horrible environment, but this one is set on a Russian battleship caught in the ice. It's now a ghost ship and you have to escape it. I just started playing and it looks pretty scary and atmospheric, but it's a serious eater of graphics cards :\ So far it reminds me of Undying but with lots and lots of ice and far more dangerous. I feel freezing just playing it, atmosphere will shit you up :uhh:

saw a video review.
Looks very interesting. The Flashback-features is summin cool.

FInally a game that could shock me (after Fear and Deadspace didnt really scare me).

But somehow the developers optimized the game very poorly, so it runs crappy.

saw a video review.
Looks very interesting. The Flashback-features is summin cool.

FInally a game that could shock me (after Fear and Deadspace didnt really scare me).

But somehow the developers optimized the game very poorly, so it runs crappy.

Bart, if you haven't already played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I'd say get it now if you want a game to frighten you. I avoided F.E.A.R. cos the graphics looked a bit old, and Dead Space was atmospheric and jumpy but not outright :uhh:. But S.T.A.L.K.E.R. genuinely scared the shit outta me. If you can stick with it past the first area it will prolly become one of your fave games, like it is mine :thumb: It's hard for games to really scare people but S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is the first game since Halflife to make me plop myself.