Critical Messages not displayed

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

D-Almighty

INITIATE OF THE COUNCIL OF SUPREME LOOKING GUY'S
Jun 14, 2001
behind me keybord/NL
Critical Message
* Never ever miss an objective message again! If there is more than one critical message (objective message, endspree message,..), the messages will now be displayed below each other..

Today we played a match aganst 'st and almost lost the match because we didnt get 2/3 important objective messages..I dont know how this happend but since the new league as i thought it was fixed and was counting on it that it would be displayed.. for example we missed out on the lower acces message on desolate.. by the time we saw it the opponents where on their way to the gen. area.. We didnt get a proper chance to defend that crucial spot.

On bridge we didnt get the second as-entrance message.. wich caused chaos in our defence..

I hope you guyz can fix it in some way..thanks!

it's a known bug that the Critical-Message-Fix fixes some of the message-overwriting, but not all. Due to the jerky UT message handling it's still possible that messages overwrite each other. It will take a LeagueAS141 to enhance the fix to cover completely all messages...

Reactions: Snee
Similair has happened on the Scud msg on Desertstorm 2 times on public

Some of you may have noticed that there is a little package called "LeagueAS140-Addon" installed on DFP-Public since about 2 weeks. It is a fix for the 'Critical Message Fix' ;)

The 'Critical message fix' that was introduced in LeagueAS140 improved the messaging system of UT by adding up critical messages below each other to prevent overwriting each other. Unfortunately it is still possible that 'Timemessages' or 'Spreemessages' overwrite Objective-Messages. This should now be fixed with this little addon.

Plz give feedback if you think you still missed a message there ;)