Criminals

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Lex_Mortis

Not here
Sep 2, 2002
The Netherlands
To make a long story short: What is wrong with them?

Why cant they just work for their money and then buy what they want/need. Or accept that they cant have everything.
Why cant they just see that its wrong to beat someone to death...

Is it in their genes? Low IQ? Upbringing?

Is their a place for them in society? Does rehabilitation work? Or do they need to be locked away for good?

And for the record, im not talking about people who steal out of necessity because they need food or something. Im talking about the scum who steal your wide-screen TV or beat you up for no reason.

ps. I know that this post contains almost just solely questions but I wanna know what ppl think about this...

What I think about what? :lol:

You've made a post that makes no sense, sweeping generalisations, what are you on about? "criminals"? as in people that break the law? Only thing in common for them is that(they have broken the law, most of us have, making all of us to some extent criminals), so your question; "what is wrong with them?" can not easily be answered.

Next time, be more specific please.

Yeah like Dog says you need to be more specific. But to plat Devils's advocate for a min, where is the difference in stealing food direct, or stealing a TV, selling it, and then buying food?

well Lex good post, here's what I think -

Intelligent or non-violent criminals are plentiful just often they are less obvious - insurance scams, insider trading, directors dealings, tax evading, organised crime (money laundering etc)etc. The people involved in this sort of crime are just weak and greedy (and human) - they see a way too make easy money and reckon they won't get caught.

Violent crimes are more hard to understand I guess because they can have lots of reasons. I think some people perhaps just have violent tendencies, or are brought up in a violent place and so perhaps just get so used to it they think it a part of everyday life. Also people who are desperate or depressed or angry with their life may become violent just out of frustration at their own shit situation. Or maybe they have some grievence against a particular person. Or maybe people are just pissed and fancy a good scrap in the pub. MAybe deep mental problems.

Anyway so I think violent crimes (mugging, murder etc) are caused by either mentally unstable people or people who are totally nuts, and whose life is so shit in some way that they take it out on others. Often people who are totally desperate or feel totally trapped or helpless or jealous will become violent.

maybe some crimes like shop-lifting is just caused by either people desperate for food, (need money to feed drug habit) etc or just kids daring each other etc.

Holy shit! Foxy in showing some reasoned thought in a post shock!
Interesting..I shall see how this thread develops.
I shall be most interested in peoples responses. Working in this field (ciminology as opposed to criminality:P) you tend to become a little blinkered to the real views of ppl towards criminal activity.
If you read this thread post- interesting thread.

Still shocked at Foxy showing some compassion for the wee ppl:P:

Lex_Mortis said:
Why cant they just work for their money and then buy what they want/need.

i think criminals make good money :D

seriously, people beating others up "for fun" should get death penalty straight away imo.

for stealing things like "wide screen tv" theres sooo many reasons. money, excitement, trust in wrong people, etc. should really be more specific :D

Last edited: