Channel name at qnet

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Chan name?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

seas_

Nov 2, 2005
Austria
It is finally happening. I will be doing this, unless chiefs of #utapug want to step in!!

Be serious, please, this is about future of AS.

We can make a cup over at Clanbase, revive some clan games.

Last edited:
oh shit i voted #utapug but i think assault.pug or assaultpug or ut99assault would be better names.

Setting up a pugbot with MyM on Gameradius, to tentatively be called #asspug

So btw, I know a lot of people at quakenet, this could turn out quite a success.
Any input, especially other than chan name, will be very appreciated.

And to be perfectly honest, we should have had a chan there years ago.

Insta is most active. And the easiest to transition to Assault.

Last edited:
I have no issues promoting and manual setup of pugs.

However, correct me if i am wrong MyM, but the bot has been configured with LeagueAS for use on our irc network.

Given that my friend coded bot im not sure how easy or ethical would be to tweak if its not editable in some config file.

But i support the idea just wanted to make sure you have the right expectations.

Ive have been trying to setup the bot for smant on gameradius for the last few days with the help of their IRC admins and the result is it cant be done, at least not there.

There is a level of customisation that can be done within the bot config file but outside of that if there is an issue of compatabiity then unless it is something that can be rectified by the IRC admins themselves then the bot cant be used.

If you set up a channel, create a login for the bot and give me the details for test purposes then I can see if the bot works

And afaik we used to have a chan on qnet, but the constant netsplits meant it was a crap place to be!

[13:59:53] <seas^> i dunno yet, possibly it will be from scratch, or pay creator of Ab0t 50 bucks
[14:00:19] <seas^> this pugbot here is no good because it has weaknesses that need to be ironed out
[14:00:27] <seas^> like rand captain settings
[14:01:15] <&MyM> dont those bots just do irc team arranging?
[14:01:30] <seas^> yes, Quasi^ or other ut coders i know
[14:01:39] <seas^> i will ask and pay to do that
[14:01:46] <seas^> or Abot
[14:02:22] <&MyM> all the current irc pug bots would work in that case, the issue is getting it to use the las server setup
[14:02:24] <&MyM> rest is easy
[14:02:40] <seas^> yeah, thats a non issue, i know several ppl who would do that for me

Nvm the time, it's 3h later in CET ;p

Apparently killastone keeps saying he has the AIM of the guy who made the pugbot seas, once he's off drugs and not beating his wife aka never he can try and find them.

Issue is not finding him, i have him on my facebook, the issue is him caring to do something in a game he left 5+years ago.

So then ask for permission to modify his work then, that seems like a logical thing which could have been done some time ago. If you know what language he coded the bot in I'd love to have a crack at it and we can make those changes to help the community. That doesn't seem like anything too ridiculous to me! Even if you tell him some people are willing to pay for permission to make changes, I'm sure he wouldn't put up much of a fuss.

Im sure we've had the same discussion more than a few times over the years and the result was always the bot cant be changed, cant remember the reasons but there was always an issue that couldnt be overcome and it wasnt just a case of nobody did it.

I was chatting with seas last night about the adminbot I worked on. It's 100% uscript and I can hopefully strip out some code that cannot be shared and let you guys work on it. Or I can work on it, but not until end of first in June (roughly) cause I have a lot of work to do at the moment.

Do we know what language the bot was made in? Shouldn't be too hard to strip, or make a badass new pug or in python or ruby.

Forget about the bot for now, that's not the main issue.
Do some brainstorming about how to go about establishing channel.

I think I will want to slowly invite people. Like the people I know from insta channels.
See how they like iAS. Play our stdAS pugs too, some of insta ppl try out nw.
Then we advertise to nw players.

Invite only?
New website for the channel?
Which videos/movies should we present? Which AS movies are best?

Who is willing to do some of the things?
For example: Who is willing to do a real nice map pack of all maps we need? Make it a .rar or .zip, not a .exe, like Deadboys pack.

Please volunteer here, so it's not all on just 1-2 guys.

Last edited: