CHANGE REQUEST to PUGs

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

will there be a reset from 2013-01-01 ? Or reset later in January from same date?

If so ill might start play diffrently from what i do atm.:)

--> more armors, more easy objectives, more going front, get launched more. Thats how to get points.

Its really hard with stats. The one who takes armor and attacks warhead has 10 times higher chanse get warhead then the player without armor. Usually the less good player gets 0 armors during pugs. This will give the better players even more points as they keep taking armors AND launches and the glitch between top player and bottom will b even higher.

Hard to do something about this really.

I never pld trying get as many obj as possible. I think ppl do so atm tho during pugs. Thats what i noticed at least. WAy more players even on warmup just to get free objectives lol.

And ppl trying get useless obj to gain more points. LIke Main Gate on bridge ppl shooting the gate instead of cover a launch from start.

My own gamestyle does not fit this system what so ever. But i still think its fun to watch some stats after.

Ill never get the useless obj as i dont care and never has. Only focusing on development, samsiite, warhead etc. Rest useless obj ill never focused on which now stats from last summer is based on. Im also almost always at back def which shows fragging is less then many more. That is not shown either in the stas. Dunno really either how to solve this.

If i make 3-5 mega saves at end on Dungoens and front just front run shock 40 guys its not really fair in stats.
Every1 wants to go front.

Best way is keep track of a player if he pld front 1 pug the next he should b back def. But cant keep track of this.
The on defender on bridge beach will get 50 frags compared to the one defending cave on bridge.

There must be some ways rate frags better or make stats more "useful".
At the moment i just watch them and think its fun to see like whos bottom and whos top.

That just sounds like a big excuse to explain where you are in rankings :] an going by the stats seems you've had more than your fair share of armors an being launched.. maybe its just you ? :hangover:

You was the only main person wanting this, but since its arrival all you've wanted is changes an resets to fit your needs lol its supposed to be for fun, be happy we got them :]

P.s. Most of top 10 are backmen, so there goes your theory it benifts front players.

Last edited:
hmmm i must admit i didnt read 100% of all the posts in this thread but unless im mistaken....... do players get any "bonus points" or anything at all for... winning maps.... and winning pugs..... in the end thats the more important thing no? winning :| i played like 3-4 pugs since i've been back won all of them could be nice to have a "highest winstreak" section too

Edit: Do your ratings MCnoobs and co, I didnt spend my time here making ratings and listing all objectives and walking through maps for you to shit on my face.

Last edited:
it is very bad that you put so much attention on ranking system.

when i play next pug, i wont set a flak launch anymore, ill try to get genny, should be more points for mid skilled aim guys. only set the hammers that get lotsa points. and take all armors i can get.

fuck winning a pug, its about the ranking.

i'll repeat what i said and it goes a bit like seas...... the BIGGEST multiplier/points/ranking candy should be winning pugs. I don't see that anywhere on your ultra detailed list.... that even accounts for 4v2

2nd highest imo should be winning maps the whole team that wins should get a huge bonus.

tl;dr
topfrags and selfish tries to get objs shouldnt be the highest reward for the ranking it should be winning as a team.

Thing is about implementing bonus points for winning the pug an as you put *huge* .. it'd just give people the incentive too pick 1 sided teams, will be pug-league all over again. Personally i dont see a win/win situation with editing or changing stat system an think they should just be left for the fun aspect.

HTML, the stats are there to just see how well YOU played and theres a rankings page to see how good you are INDIVIDUALLY compared to others.

If you want to start adding stuff like getting huge amount of points for winning pugs then you'll just start seeing people stacking teams.

edit:

Also, I don't understand why seas and html are trying to make this into some competition. I don't understand seas rant, are you taking this thing seriously to the point of where you would start playing selfishly? Bringing this back was just for fun... (well that is what I thought), but now people are starting to get the idea that its some sort of league or something.

Sorry Timo :hangover:

Last edited:
XB, if the objective points will give around the same as they do now, then why do you still want to reduce the fragging multiplier? If you look at everyone's stats in the top 10, they've earned way more points from "Assault Events Total" than "Frag Events Total", so unless objective points will go down A LOT with the new system (which I thought it would originally) then fragging should stay at 300 / -100.

1) timo's (and everybody else's who was part of utastats) coding and system management skills are very good and should be respected, yes.

2) of course it doesnt really matter and its just for fun. and i know who is a better dmer and assaulter than me. and i dont even care much for recognition.

3) but if theres a system in place, which gets some attention and im part of, then ill try to make the most out of that system. i dont care about being very high in it, but what i do care about is being as high as i can do, with my mid-low dm skills and slightly better assault ones.
i've done enough team play, ill just go for some selfish play next.

3) but if theres a system in place, which gets some attention and im part of, then ill try to make the most out of that system. i dont care about being very high in it, but what i do care about is being as high as i can do, with my mid-low dm skills and slightly better assault ones.

Then that shouldn't be a problem :bounce: 9 out of the 10 top players on the rankings have earned way more points from Assault Events Total than Frag Events Total, which is why VSBlade is in the top 10 and Wakk is not :thumb: and which is also why I can't see the reason XB wants fragging to be reduced :lol:

Then that shouldn't be a problem :bounce: 9 out of the 10 top players on the rankings have earned way more points from Assault Events Total than Frag Events Total, which is why VSBlade is in the top 10 and Wakk is not :thumb: and which is also why I can't see the reason XB wants fragging to be reduced :lol:

you dont get it, ranking system shouldnt exist, because you cant make it very good for AS.
you cant put the selfless play into real numbers, neither can you with good communication.

if theres no armor count factored in, i will take a lot of armors (i've rarely taken armors, only when it made sense, or threw it afterwards), which will not help my team.
ill just do anything acceptable.. (running around with hammer doing pointless launches on teammates is not)

oh and im not saying you shouldnt be 1st ;(

Last edited:
you dont get it, ranking system shouldnt exist, because you cant make it very good for AS.
you cant put the selfless play into real numbers, neither can you with good communication.

I think that too... I said this earlier in the thread:

Only answer for that is to remove the ranking altogether and just have stats for each pug at the end of the game, that would probably be the easiest solution. There are way too many intangibles in AS

if theres no armor count factored in, i will take a lot of armors (i've rarely taken armors, only when it made sense, or threw it afterwards), which will not help my team.
ill just do anything acceptable.. (running around with hammer doing pointless launches on teammates is not)

oh and im not saying you shouldnt be 1st ;(
I really don't care who is at the top, middle or bottom, my ranking isn't accurate anyway since I only have like 4 recorded pugs and I haven't played a pug since stats came out :o My posts in the thread have only been to try and make the ranking fairer for next year :chainsaw:

XB, I guess that would be fair then.. I dunno what else to suggest now, imo it looks better so now it is up to everyone else and Timo to decide what to do.

It does raise eyebrows when you can see that someone like twnz has fired almost as much sniper bullets as he has done minigun bullets! interesting stuff:rofl:

:freak: That is how he plays though and I think if anyone could do some of the HS that he does they would do the same ;)

That just sounds like a big excuse to explain where you are in rankings an going by the stats seems you've had more than your fair share of armors an being launched.. maybe its just you ?

You was the only main person wanting this, but since its arrival all you've wanted is changes an resets to fit your needs lol its supposed to be for fun, be happy we got them

P.s. Most of top 10 are backmen, so there goes your theory it benifts front players.

Ur wrong in so many ways here.

1: i said 100 times its a nice feature with stats and i do think its great TIMO fixed them as i said tons of times.
2: Im still correct that a armor camper "like u sandy" still gets WAY mroe obj no matter of what wish says that defender aim him more. THats is not true cause most of time u dont have a clue whos got the armor or not. Like warhead attack u have NO clue whos got the armor. Same with most all objectives except like dungones end where u know pogo usually gets armor.
3: I dont want to reset stats. I want them saved in history as i said for 2012 and that ur supposed to be able to see them total and monthwise and yearwise and so on. Bit like XBs pugstats. But clearly u missread my earlier posts.
And tbh it should be reset for every1 to get a fair chanse with XBs new rating of the obj. Tnega worth as much as warhead history of stats is bit :x
4:majority of Top 10 players arnt backdef for sure.
5: I just pointed out that atm some players take this to serious as ive bin watching the last pugs. ppl tend to steal and not do teameffort isntead of getting obj and points to their stats. THAT was not the objective with my request for this change request. The thing is what Riv says. Just a fun way to look at stats after a game.

You said that you balanced the new fragging points around 15 frags = a decent objective, but the value of fragging will go down more than you think due to deaths staying the same and efficiency taking a hit (which IMO should be part of the ranking, as much as anything else)

If you take a look at the ranking, players like Wakk and DJ who play more of a pure fragging game style aren't even in the top 10.

+1

Last edited:
I think that too... I said this earlier in the thread:

ah, right.

XB, the point that we are making:
you can have stats, yes, they are fun. but dont have a ranking, it promotes selfish play.
even the stats for just one game do, just not as much ;(