cache converter

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Op1uM

Fakenicker!
Jul 25, 2002
i remember there was a tool that would convert all ur cached stuff (Cache0000.tmp etc) and put it in proper folder
i got a lot of stuff and i would like the prog so i can convert them
so if u know link or something , that would be nice :P

FYI .tmp files are uz compressed archives of UT files (maps, textures, sounds, music etc), I beleive UT stores them in .tmp form before decompressing them to the cache/ directory for use. Not sure why UT doesn't clean up these files though :/

well thats the link that my version of ut CC gave me, sorry :P if mym didnt link u i would have sent you the install :P :angel:

I just delete all tmp files and whole chache folder then its done. Last time i did it i had 900mb there :lol:

Note you have to DL all files again but with todays speed its nothing! :satan:

Ba]V[sE said:
I just delete all tmp files and whole chache folder then its done. Last time i did it i had 900mb there :lol:

Note you have to DL all files again but with todays speed its nothing! :satan:

900Mb cache/temp cleaned is class :)
Yet I think their point is to get cache files installed for good, giving a more stable UT.

I recommend cache converters that dont do the shit automatically but rather let u check what u want to be installed definetly. I used a very good tool "UT Cache Manager v1.65" get it here.

UT Cache Manager makes it easier to manage files you've downloaded
while played Unreal Tournament online. You can either delete the
file from your cache or add it to your Unreal Tournament installation
permanently. UT Cache Manager also tells you what file type each file
is, its size, and any other files in the Cache it requires. File
types supported include Maps (.unr), Textures/Skins (.utx), and
Scripts (.u).

Instructions

UT Cache Manager will run from any folder on your system and doesn't
keep any data of its own so it can be placed anywhere. UT Cache
Manager will not run if it detects Unreal Tournament or UnrealED
already running (to avoid file sharing problems).

Questions/Comments/Bug Reports go to [email protected].

- William 'Ntruder' Chenoweth ([email protected])

(...)

But nowadays i take care of each piece of cache crap manually and usually have no cache or temp file whatsoever cause i would remove it ;) But then i rather avoid any server not running LAS with an AS map on it :)

Last edited: