Bye, bye AS?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Originally posted by -Alien-
@ Firestorm:
take the biggest TDM-community of germany alone (forums) :
Members: 10,776

take UTAssault.net, international / mostly European (forums) :
Members: 837

now thats quite a difference , is it not

yeah, how many suckers are driving cheap :spam: cars?
Only individualists are driving good cars....

And ornothologists drive old ones.

Futurists drive space ships,

Moral? Smoke dope and fly....:)

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but how many registered members a forum has represents in now way how many people follow the game type. If UTA had used vB since day 1 there would be many 100's (I'd guess 1000's) of signups.

UTA also has an exceptionally high active users to register members ration. A lot of forums I know of have over 10,000 registered members but do not achieve the same level of activity.

Assault is a gametype - that will never die. AS on Unreal Tournament might deminish, but if AS for UT2 is either included or developed as a mod it will begin its lifecycle all over again. The game is not important, the game type is.

Think of it from their point of view
How much work is needed to make a few as maps and an as gametype that isn't buggy, compared to how long it takes to make tdm gametype and maps.

As takes a lot more time for a lot less reward.