BF2142 Clan?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

BF2142 Clan?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the game has been out for ages. Would be the same as playing the UT2k4 demo now... lol

i tryed the demo today, but didn't like it much
pld for like 30 min and didn't see any enemys (i mean soldier, not machine) :rofl:
died twice from tanks and 1 from some same team guy who drove on me :rofl:

Note from brajan:
I accidently pressed EDIT instead of QUOTE.
Post is untouched and reply is under.

Demo is crap. No unlocks. No awards ... anyone actually playing it?!

Carnage` said:
the game has been out for ages. Would be the same as playing the UT2k4 demo now... lol

10 months = ages? Damn time passing even faster these days.

Well I tried demo aswell, and letting unlocks and awards aside, I thought it was utter crap compared to BF2. Seemed more like a UT2k4 Onslaught clone.

Havent really tried it yet, but Ive played bf2 quite a lot, so I guess it cant be all that bad. My brother owns it so I guess Ill try it out.

BTW Brajan is a tankwhore!

I could see why some people wouldn't like it. It's not a pure FPS like UT is for example. I've always found the Battlefield engine to be heavy and clunky compared to the UT engine - based on nothing more than how it feels to play it.

Also the slow movement and epic maps in BF make getting anywhere difficult - until you learn not to set off across a massive empty desert area only to get half way there and the outpost gets captured by your own team, everyone spawns there and drives off in all the vechiles.

Full version on a titan map with team mates you know, a bit of ingame VoIP or TS and you get some really good game play and it's enjoyable. I'd say gameplay is better than BF1942/BF2 - and the awards/unlocks thing is great to measure your progress through the game.

Get stuck on a public server with a team full of n00bs when your vs a team full of clan players and it's not much fun at all to get pwned for 20 minutes.

I could see why some people wouldn't like it. It's not a pure FPS like UT is for example. I've always found the Battlefield engine to be heavy and clunky compared to the UT engine - based on nothing more than how it feels to play it.

Also the slow movement and epic maps in BF make getting anywhere difficult - until you learn not to set off across a massive empty desert area only to get half way there and the outpost gets captured by your own team, everyone spawns there and drives off in all the vechiles.

:lol: I learnt this the hard way :P

Indeed it's not as fast paced as UT/Quake series of games, and that was always a criticism of mine on the more slower strategic / "reality" games; however after playing for a bit now, it's grown on me, and I can start to see why my brother has been playing the BF series so much.

Squad seems to be growing nicely :D

(Working at "Shloogorg" 's gotta suck tho during the foodening)

How similair is bf2 and 2142 anyway? Ive played bf2 for some time now, will I have to make any major adjustments?

I guess biggest difference is in vehicles.
No jets just gunships. Generally less of everything. Engine is the same so i guess not much else has changed for infantry guys.

I got an.. errr 'test copy' yesterday, and although Titan interests me, I can't say the game seems any better than BF2 (Jets with flares, I mean... :drool:)

I might pick a copy up soon-ish, or just ninja my friends', since he buys every game in existence and then plays them online once :lol: dunno how much I'd play though, since I'll be abroad in 2 weeks, and possibly busy with studies (unlikely.)