bf2142 and punkbuster, help!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Gen76

Jun 9, 2001
Everytime i log into a server it kicks me out after a minute and all it says is Punkbuster.Ive update pb from their site and ive even turned off the windows firewall, but it still kicks me.

Any1 know anything about this?

Check what you are being kicked for. When I originally installed the game I had a lot of problems with punkbuster and it complaining about a duplicate CD key/GUID (I bought DVD copy), I had to do a fix that Uzi put above from EA site to be able to play.

Punkbuster really sucks.
Had lots of issues with it while playing FarCry Assault, which made me stop playing it.

Happened to me with the demo so I uninstalled and havent gone back :f

lol dunc surely you didn't expect an EA game working right out of the box ffs. Once it works it's good fun though... */me fears patch day.*

bf2142 and punkbuster help

We just enabled PB on the BF1942 server.

So youll need that enabled now in-game to join.

If you try to enable PB and it says you need to re-install the latest BF1942 patch, ignore that and run pbsetup and install/update PB. That worked for me.