AutoripPE suggestions

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Snuggs

Che, Mr. Obscure
Feb 20, 2002
on a giant weed tree
hi muppets,

i pld a pug the other day, after 80 years (hi salva)
good thing is that my F6 ping is at 80 again \o/

naja..i died 5 times by that train bug in auto....

i made a no train bug version aaaages ago
+ as usual i tried to clean up other things and i expanded the end area to have a longer fight there

but the conservativ majority don´t want such changes (maybe they are afraid to do something new? .. naja)
i remember the moanage when auto came to the league
mainly from div 1 clans :o

why? cause they got owned in the map by n00b clans like >DaRk< :lol:

and now? it´s 1 of the most pld maps :eyeroll:

i decided to waste my time once again and make something 4 this community
i would make a version that fits 4 most of ur wishes

------------------------------------------------------

my plans are:

1. removing the train bug

2. massive texture change from UT99 to 2k4 texture in many areas (textures like in nalicolony or othr newer maps)

3. i try to "fix" the teleporter bug at the end..if it´s necessary 4 u

4. i´de like to move the sniper at attacker start out of that ticket box and place it at the minigun

5. i wanne make the room with the band-conveyor near def spawn more relevant by puting some pads and maybe some shock ammo there (like i did in the SE version)

6. minor ammo and health movements (i hate when ammo packs are so close together that u can´t share them when u in hurry)

i won´t change any major things in the architecture of the map, only if i get a request from pug community

plz discuss here about those points from above
feel free to make other suggestions !

plz don´t come up with other maps in this thread..if u want me to change/fix other maps, then open a new thread :)

ah, be4 i forget
u can discuss about every point .. apart from point 2 !
cause this is my price !!!

5 times? then you still dont know how to time it?

train bug is fun for the people who know how to handle it, dont take that away from us :P

fo seas, invisible train kills me more then defenders :x At least make it visible!
Also the rest sound great, especially the sniper location, but the conveyor room shud perhaps stay as it is, it would be better to remove some of the ammo for defenders, it's too much of a spam map as it is. perhaps remove all rox?

1) Removing train bug could please some people I guess, but like seas said you can time it and it's become part of the map

2) :thumb: Good idea

3) Same as 1, not really necessary but I guess it would be an improvement

4) <deleted>
:dunce: I can't read lol. Missed "attackers" snipe :dunce: Good idea then :D (although possibly unfair since those extra 2 seconds to take the snipe are the price of attacking with a stronger weapon, could effect < 4v4 team sizes)

5) Interesting idea, could make the door open for attackers for a chance to sneak development through the spawn (similar to the end of Balli)

Just my opinion... Auto is one of the most played maps in PUG and it is well liked as it is already, so I would be careful about changing things too much and just fix bugs :user:

Last edited:
glad my ranting brought much attention and people returning, I am multi talented and that was in my thoughts too and I kid you not.

1. removing the train bug - yes its bug.

2. massive texture change from UT99 to 2k4 texture in many areas (textures like in nalicolony or othr newer maps) - good, just dont move pillars like last time

3. i try to "fix" the teleporter bug at the end..if it´s necessary 4 u - yes its bug

4. i´de like to move the sniper at attacker start out of that ticket box and place it at the minigun - no - overpowered weapon and needs to be left in its place

5. i wanne make the room with the band-conveyor near def spawn more relevant by puting some pads and maybe some shock ammo there (like i did in the SE version) - dont think it makes too much difference, pads hardly needed for defence

6. minor ammo and health movements (i hate when ammo packs are so close together that u can´t share them when u in hurry) - doesnt bother me do what you like here

point 7. Stop wating your time on this community.

thanks che for taking the time :)

dont think autorip needs to be changed too much its a pretty good map but moving sniper/deleting return train would be good

or fuck that the train is funny, have it do laps running people over but make it visible :)

Why not try it a few times in pugs?
People are usually so negative trying new maps and things.

GIve it a try imo. LIke all ideas.

Like RiverbedAL is way better now than before. THis might also be a better change after 5-10 runs.

other thing guys, maybe that would save me much work

plz take the 5 mins and run thr AutoSE and tell me what u don´t like in this version
so i just could change that back

those pillars xb mentioned could be brought back no prob

i think 1 of the main probs peeps have with the SE version...is the changed pillars near the start
which i easily could change back 2 the original

and maybe the extended end
i changed this only cause i don´t like the fact, that the map is over after 30 seconds (in most runs) once developement is gone

i think the end section in the SE version gives the map more volume
it brings a new area to the map
maybe i should change/tweak the "blast doors"

dunno

changing/tweaking the SE version would save me much work :hangover:

please gimme some hints peeps :)

I really think people would just want a version that is the same as the old one except they want the train resetting itself to its position to not be a killing mover.

Yes, final objective usually doesn't take very long to attack from development is taken, but that's fair, imo.

Now that's all said, I really appreciate you taking time to do this :)

i think the end section in the SE version gives the map more volume
it brings a new area to the map
maybe i should change/tweak the "blast doors"

I would love to see this as a "new obj" with bigger Area. As it is atm it goes way to fast.
It should be more longer like Ballistic end which can be defender for 4 minutes somtimes. That never happens to autoripmap

So this change would be a nice feature to the map that i wanna try.
People just need to try changes before complaining. Usually it takes like 10 tries before you start to like the new changes.

Do it!

:)

here some impressions of the new textures

and as u see, i brought the pillars back :)

rip1.jpg

rip2.jpg

rip3.jpg

rip4.jpg

rip5.jpg

rip6.jpg

tho..it could be that i change some of them again..i´ll see :o

ps:sorry 4 those huuugh pics :P

only add new graphics

train bug is fun to see specially when it happens to certain ppl
people are already used to sniper pos even if u move it will be hard to get used to
bug at the end might be nice to see fixed

Looks REALLY REALLY good but don't waste your time on this community will stab you in the back