auto ghost script?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Sauron

{o_O}
Sep 29, 2001
Switzerland
as once in a while my irc lags out and when it reconnects theres still the ghost with my nick i tried to come up with a script that automaticaly kills the ghost when i get the "Sauron Nickname is already in use" notice.
as i dotn really know much about irc scripts i simply tried to tweak the script that identifies you when you get noticed that the nick ur using is registered, so the outcome is the following;

on 1:NOTICE:Sauron Nickname is already in use.*:?: {
/msg nickserv ghost Sauron ***
/nick Sauron
}

however, that doesnt do shit.
so could someone with more insight into irc scripting pls tell me what i have to change so it works?
thx in advance :)

First of all, the notice you get with nick taken is a server notice, so you need to use SNOTICE or something if i remember correctly..

And second, why dont you just run it as "on connect" every time you connect to irc.. It wont do anything if your nick aint taken...

I use this, works perfect:
Open your aliases.ini and add this to the end.

/f5 /msg nickserv ghost sauron **** | /nick sauron | /msg nickserv identify ****

Now when you press F5 it should do the trick :D

I got problem latest days, sometimes im lagging out and when im trying use ghost command it says no such nick but my nick is on channel wtf ? :confused: