august 2v2 speed cup

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Pitbull

May 12, 2008
Romania
I have a new and challenging idea for all of you who are willing to try it!

Rules and setup

#1 In 2v2 speedruns you have to assault the map the fastest you can with launching, hammers etc w/e you feel would be the fastest way while the other team is sitting

#2 The sitting team is not allowed to spec the other team while they assault to see how they do it nor will they take power-ups or ammo

#3 In some maps there is the possibility of the sitting team to body block which is also forbidden so they will have to quickly move in safe spots to make sure they do not interfere

#4 Teams will be organized into groups and each team will play all others, after that the top 2 teams will move on

#5 Each team will pick 5 league maps so it will be best out of 10, win=3points tie=1point lose=none

#6 Teams will consist of 2 players no more no less, no subs allowed

Server administration and results

#1 MyM offered to give me a server to host the cup

#2 I will be admin and possibly other people who are willing to help me (torp and smant offered to)

#3 The results will be submitted at the end of each match and I will update them on the forum

#4 The cup will take place in august and during that time the 2v2 speedrun cup champions will be decided!

#5 After I see how many people I have I will organize the schedule

If you are interested into signing or have any ideas or suggestions let me know.

Contact me on irc to register your team!

Last edited:
As I said on IRC.

The idea is fine, its possible to do.

However, it needs way more planning before you announced it. If you want people to be interested in an idea like this (and lets face it, it is an obscure 1 which is quite a bit different to regular UT) then you need to sell it.

There needs to be:

Incentive
Interest
Structure
Guarenteed Server access
Administration
Results

My idea of extended the Single Run recordzone to 2 man would be a much better option. The incentive would already be there with the Records. I would be happy to help out and maybe partake in a 2 man RecordZone but a 2v2 cup wouldn't hold enough interest for me.

Hope you can get it to work though.

Last edited:
we have had fun with the speed runs using pugserver
just dont pick hellow when drunk
or dede when high
hahahhaha

I disagree with deadboy, unless everyone is PERFECT the spawns won't matter, i mean its still easy to miss a launch when you only have 1 chance, its like like an offline 2 ppl speedrun when you can try the same thing a thousand times if you like

online theres pressure

its kinda the same thing as BT matches (i guess, never played any though)

i'm in with these rules :nod:

Actually, DB does has a point, although it wont be most maps, but a few will be affected.

Maps like:

Bridge
Frigate

Possibly: (but only slightly)

Siege
Golgotha 1 and 2
Riverbed 3
AutoRIP

The rest are pretty much non spawn determined.

If this goes ahead, I might run a record zone by the side of it, record times from this competition as records etc. This could also help it out as it will make teams practice.

ok well some maps might be determined to spawn spots with my idea the luck factor will be most likely eliminated and the better team will win (10 maps chosen and organizing the teams into groups). fury that sounds like good idea it might balance it a bit not sure how it would be implemented in the server tho. and yes html i mostly agree with u also the pressure of online play will kick in and the rushing or trying to do it too fast will make it more likely for people to miss some launches and in the long run the better teams will win imo. we played some speedruns on pug server several times and u guys wouldn't believe the mess-ups that took place, so it will be fun but also challenging :P

tbh, with the bad spawn thing, teams just wont pick those maps?

Oh, and i quite like the idea :) Presumably it will be done in a similar way to the 2v2 league (aka me and Solar could be a team if we so chose?).