Asus A7V333 = terrible problems

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Well only thing i can suggest is check your card is seated correctly and check the cable etc...you dont get any beeps when you try to start up do you?, does your hard drive sound like its booting up? whats your PSU?...i have the same mobo and all my problems were solved by swapping my 350 for a 430 watt.

Edit: oh yeah and does your monitor have a sync input type selector on it?...ive installed cards before that dont display right away until you select a different setting, usually it auto selects but its worth a look.

Last edited:
No beeps, hard drive does sound like its booting up, i've also got a 400 watt psu and my monitor is a 17 inch belinea, i dont think it has a sync input type selector on it.

I might try a different psu, although it's a 300 watt one

Cheers Saytan

Im sure theres power issue with the A7V333 boards you know...in pc probe while i was using my 300 and 350 watters, the line graphs that give the 1.7v and 3.3v readings were all over the fkin place. Now im running on a 433 watter those lines are dead straight.

Maybe you could exchange the one you have now for a bigger PSU if its not too old, tho i cant really see that being the cause of your problem...in the end id send it back and maybe get another board...i sent mine back but couldnt get another brand, thankfully ive sorted it now.

Last edited:
no probs with the 1 i set up for me mum, been running for over 2 weeks now and she hasnt complained about anything, ive still yet to install any games on it tho..... too lazy :\ :D

had no weird problems in setup either btw.... and i got it from OcUK

hmmm ok another couple of things i remember, have you tried the jumperfree bus settings?...cos when i tried setting them manually it didnt work even tho i knew they were correct. Check all the jumper settings on the board too while you were at it, when i got mine the RAID Disable/Enable was set to disable when it says in the manual its set to enable as default. Make sure youve got a good heasink+fan and its seated properly, ive got a Thermaltake volcano7+ on medium and i get 42C idle and 46C loaded.

I bought my board, processor and memory from http://www.overclockers.co.uk/ The same cunts who flogged me a stick of PC2100 advertised as PC2700 and werent in a rush to tell me that they had made a mistake, the fuckers.

Last edited:
I've RMA'ed mine too and gotten a new 1.. My system runs now.. But twice @ boot I've been sent into BIOS with the message:
System hung @ last boot because of inproper CPU speed..

Then today I got a call about a crashed pc. Went there and what did I find. Yes.. the Asus A7V333 board and the same message..
The difference is just that the other PC wont boot anymore.
And this is a thing that happened overnight. From a perfect shutdown to the next boot..
I've seen the same thing on my old board that I RMA'ed.. One day it's fine the next it's dead..

There must be something completely wrong with this series of boards!!

Yeah ive finally got mine working fine now too,fkin thing aged me 10 years trying to tho =/ lol. Seems my 350 watter just wasnt enough even when i stripped it down to the bare essentials, possibly a bad PSU. got a 433 in it now and its fine.

anyone wanna trade my 230w PSU?? it runs great on my P4 board, even though it doesnt have a P4 power plug... and voltages go up and down a bit, and drop a bit again under CPU load... but its a great PSU for ya money