AoE III

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Maps dont work for me, but I just played with the Americans, with their absolutely rocking infantry :wanker:, Drummers and Flag Carriers are a cool feature as free in ressources and population :D

indians are completely overpowered. one of their units you can build for free and they don't seem to have a limit. i just built 120 indians (besides my normal army) and zerged the computer within 3 minutes :teehee:

by the way, where can i see my population limit?

Above your resources..

X / Y

X is your current size
Y your limit.

Indians require no Population support.

(Nor do Drummers and Flag Carriers :jester: ) :lol:

"US Drummers and Flag Carriers"

what are they good for? I just played one map with USA civ, created one of each and left them behind frontline as a sort of raising-team-spirit-unit but i didnt notice any change. :hangover:

I think they are just Eye candy. They build for free and cost no population support. Maybe in the Final Version theyll have some sort of use too (mind this is only hacked and not meant to be available in the demo)

For people with fast computers I can recommend the Massive Mod :P

100,000 ressources each from start, a mildly defended base (some towers), and population support disabled make the game play more arcade-like. If you like loads of units and huge battles go try it.

Good to see the effectivity of mixed armys, ie. certain Army types against others..

Ie. unless you just develope Spies and build 10 Galleons and Long Range Bombard the opponent within 1 min :lol: