ACE Testing

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Timeout (xp 32bit)

Attachments

• timeout.JPG
    timeout.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 518
Ok, with any luck all of those long nasty General Protection Faults caused during a map change garbage collection, should be a thing of the past since release 0.6q.

So - we're now interested in flushing out any of these timeout issues.

Again, in order to diagnose these, I'll need to marry up our server logs of your timeout along with your client UnrealTournament.log files, so if you get kicked for timeouts, please zip + upload your log files once you've finished playing.

These should be a lot easier to obtain, as you won't usually be in a rush to re-start UT, since it's just a soft-kick.

Thanks! :paw:

crash before AS-Riverbed]|[AL

The UnrealTournament.log was preserved after the game.

Attachments

• ace.bmp
    ace.bmp
    192.5 KB · Views: 63
  • UnrealTournament.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 64
Thanks Antrax for this ACE!

Also thanks to MYM and Wierdo... nice that some care about Anticheat and make Win7x64 machines playable in PUG/Leagueserver (soon..)

For my part i changed to Win Vista x64 - and it works perfect with ACE - no crash or whatsoever =) nice!

greetz

dErz

I still can't rewatch my demo's in UT.
It closes down UT immediately with a critical error.
Any suggestions, cuz i heard some other ppl can play them back.
cheers!

Attachments

• crashing in demo.JPG
    crashing in demo.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 436
do old demos still work with the new botpack.u ?

(or do demos still not work in general when recorded on an ACE server? <- don't think so? did hear any moaning :D)

Under the last version of ACE I can't use my hammerbind? It works on everyserver but the Pug server, sometimes other keys like switchweapon don't work either ...

Code:
MiddleMouse=zoink
Aliases[26]=(Command="SwitchWeapon 1 | Button bFire | Fire | OnRelease Jump",Alias=zoink)

PageDown=switchweapon 10 | switchweapon 7
(This key is linked to side button on mouse)

I'm using the MacOSX (Cider) version of the game. At first I was getting errors stating that some ACE file couldn't bind to native class and I wouldn't even be able to stay in the server for more than 2 seconds. With the most recent update I can enter the server but it will eventually kick me after 10 seconds and give me an error saying "Timeout during check spawn". Any idea as to what I can do to fix it?

Under the last version of ACE I can't use my hammerbind? It works on everyserver but the Pug server, sometimes other keys like switchweapon don't work either ...

Code:
MiddleMouse=zoink
Aliases[26]=(Command="SwitchWeapon 1 | Button bFire | Fire | OnRelease Jump",Alias=zoink)

PageDown=switchweapon 10 | switchweapon 7
(This key is linked to side button on mouse)

I cant see why ACE would affect this, nobody else has complained to me about binds and afaik ACE doesnt mess about with your ini in this way, its not designed to stop tweaks as such.

I'm using the MacOSX (Cider) version of the game. At first I was getting errors stating that some ACE file couldn't bind to native class and I wouldn't even be able to stay in the server for more than 2 seconds. With the most recent update I can enter the server but it will eventually kick me after 10 seconds and give me an error saying "Timeout during check spawn". Any idea as to what I can do to fix it?

Mac wasnt supported until 8b hence the previous crashes, dont know about the time out error, Ill have to ask. It would help if you could send me your ut.log after you have crashed (it resets it every time UT is started)

Really strange :/ it only happens on Pug server so my first guess goes out to Ace, never had this problem with other verisons

EDIT

I did some testing:
- Offline it works
- Bind works on LA servers
- Works on DM servers

=> DOESNT work on Pug server :confused:

Last edited:
try

Code:
Aliases[32]=(Command="onrelease jump",Alias=HJ2)
MiddleMouse=switchweapon 1 | HJ2 | fire

should be the same thing

Made no difference XB, tried binding other actions to middlemouse (press wheel) but only on the pug it doesnt work.
I have a mx518 gaming mouse, (setpoint software with ubertools) Havnt changed that for over a year, the only new software is MacDrive and LG bluray firmware updater, but they are both not running in the background

I'm baffeld!!

I cant see why ACE would affect this, nobody else has complained to me about binds and afaik ACE doesnt mess about with your ini in this way, its not designed to stop tweaks as such.

Mac wasnt supported until 8b hence the previous crashes, dont know about the time out error, Ill have to ask. It would help if you could send me your ut.log after you have crashed (it resets it every time UT is started)

It's attached. Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• UnrealTournament.txt
    24.4 KB · Views: 105
This is the error I get when I play on the pugserver.

aceg.jpg

*edit*

Not sure if the picture loads, but it's as follows: "You have been kicked from the server because ACE has encountered an internal error, try to restart your game and rejoin the server."

I had no problems with the previous version of ace. I tried the Flush command in console, which didn't help. I tried rebooting my pc aswell as restarting UT, neither helps.

Mind you, I can join as a spectator without getting kicked though.

Suggestions?

Last edited: