ACE Testing

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

MeetYourMaker

Administrator
Jun 8, 2001
London
Anybody that has Win7 64bit knows that UTDC isnt compatible with it, it was also not possible to modify it to make it work, Anthrax has been working on a new anticheat replacement that is to be compatible with win7 64bit.
After speaking to him he has kindly let us have a beta copy of ACE to help test before a public release.

Soooo ACE will be put on PUG server soon, I would appreciate any feedback to be posted in this thread, off topic rubbish will be removed. If you crash please provide me a copy of your unrealtournament.log or at the very least screenshot of the message you got.
Keep in mind this is a beta version, the first copy I was given didnt work properly with LAS so problems are to be expected but hopefully most have already been ironed out.

ACE uses NPLoader to install, youll need to let the files download and then click install when asked, hit reconnect when told.
Its not on the redirect presently, so downloads are bloody slow but should only be a 1 off download if the version doesnt keep changing :P

Known Issues

AnthraX said:
ACE v0.6m Known Issues
======================

Keep in mind that all of these are rare issues! Most of you won't ever see them

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) People using Windows XP and the UTGLR Renderers might notice an extreme
decrease in game performance if they have the SwapInterval=0 setting. Setting
SwapInterval=-1 instead fixes the problem.

Other operating systems and other renderers (D3D/Glide/SoftDrv) are not
affected by this problem.

Solutions:
==========

* Using a different renderer or SwapInterval=-1 works well

* An alternative solution is to add the following lines to the User.ini file:

[ACEv06m_C.ACENative]
TimingMode=5
SleepMode=1
bNonStrictCapping=true

Using these hidden settings the game will behave almost exactly as it does
without ACE (albeit without possible speedhack abuse and the core
synchronization issues). For stable framerates and quadcores I would strongly
recommend against using these settings though!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To help diagnose any further faults/crashes in a time efficient manner, it will help us greatly to obtain the UnrealTournament.log file from your crash, however we can appreciate how important it is to resume playing, and as soon as the UT client is launched, this log of the crash is lost. Therefore if you are suffering from crashes, then please run UT using the attached script (extract to your System folder in UnrealTournament, then create a shortcut to this script, say, on your desktop). It will rename any logs with timestamps, which can then be sent to [email protected] for diagnosing.

Thanks!

Attachments

• StartUT.zip
    360 bytes · Views: 78
Last edited by a moderator:
MyM: I hereby present to you my retirement from UT. Please accept ASAP.

Just an error we all got after Golg 2 (first map after warm up)

Attachments

• ace gen prot fault.jpg
    ace gen prot fault.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 497
tried to pug just now and i get kicked every time i join, except when i got spec on

0676266801433361_m.gif

Ok, I'm fairly sure the majority of the kicks should now be addressed.

I won't rule out the GPF Solar posted, but so far there's no indication it was ACE which caused it, so continue to post any GPFs, along with an unrealtournament.log please.

If you get kicked by LAS or otherwise (i.e. not crashed), then post roughly what time it happened please (GMT).

i never got kicked cuz of ace, but i did get way more gpf's than average last time i pugged, one every 2-3 mapchange/load

didn't take screenshots but i will next time

also never looked at that but where is that file unrealtournament.log ? is is in the main or system folder or do you have to like ask ut to create it?

System folder, it gets re-created every time you launch UT though.

If it's a really long GPF containing lots of objects then chances are it's NPLoader which is being the catalyst for it.

Due to the size of maps in AS, the UT engine has to perform a clean-up or 'garbage dump' fairly often after a few maps, it's during this proceedure which the GPF is occuring.

Anth may have a fix up his sleeve for that, so hopefully we can be testing it soon.

I get disconnected randomly and several times in a PUG since thise ACE thingy is running, really annoying. Sometimes i get UT crashes too, did not manage to make screenshots, but will do when it happens again.

I have put the lines

[ACEv06j_C.ACENative]
TimingMode=5
SleepMode=1
bNonStrictCapping=true

in my user.ini now, hopefully it will solve the problem.

last pug with the ace update i didnt get ANY gpf,
when it first came out I got 1 gpf crash every 2-3 map load, so on my end its improving :thumb:

although im not sure if its related, but even with my beast of a machine I got 2-3 sequences of ingame lag that felt weird, (not connection related and didnt seem fps related either, but it was close to it)

Ok, have collected logs from a few people which will help Anthrax bugfix the next build, so thanks for that.

Updating top post shortly with some other points..

Given that UT trashes the unrealtournament.log on each startup, and most players don't have time to move it away mid-match, I would very much appreciate anyone who is suffering from crashes to run a script in place of starting UT directly with the executable, which will save out the log file by datestamp so we can easily diagnose problems later on. I'll put this in the top post.

strike my last about not crashing with the new version i guess i just got lucky for 5 maps

gpfj.jpg

hope this helps, i'd love to help test the thingy with the script and all but unfortunately im banned from the pug for 48 hours.

Been having the following crash message every time I try to play on a pug with the new versions, around 10 secs after I join each map:
crashg.png

Promax told TuT to enable his firewalls since he seemed to be getting the same problem and it seemed to work for him, I however, had my firewalls enabled all the time to no vail (yes also tried disabling them)

Antrax already fixed the above problem with his newer version, he just asked me to try it on his test server, please update it clickly timo! :deal:

OK!

HTML - this is most likely another garbage collection gpf, which Anthrax is working on resolving currently. Did it occur just as the server was about to change maps?

how do i edit the startut script so that it works with

G:\UnrealTournament\System\UnrealTournament.exe -USERINI=XBUser.ini

Just change the startup line

right click, edit

change 5th from bottom line from
start UnrealTournament.exe
to
start UnrealTournament.exe -userini=XBuser.ini