A few tweaks needed please...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Useless

Bravo
Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
I just started playing it tonight and I've configged most of it to the way I like, but there's still a few things I'd like to change:

Any way to get a small cross for my crosshair? I set xhair to normal but it's still too big.

Can I bind a key to toss weapon in the inis? I don't want to type a command every time.

Can I get centre weapon without having it hidden?

Is there any way to get the mouse to move smoothly in the menus? It's like it's underwater atm, I want it fast and accurate, stopping as soon as I stop moving.

Is there a hammer-jump bind?

is there a way to change my name with a bind? I had to create a login as UTUseless which I don't want to be my in-game name.

Last edited:
Any way to get a small cross for my crosshair? I set xhair to normal but it's still too big.
http://www.unrealnorth.com/forum.php?action=viewtopic&id=51940

Can I bind a key to toss weapon in the inis? I don't want to type a command every time.
There is no throw weapon button in configure controls menu.
Weaponthrowing is available through ini-editing IF the mutator Weapon-Respawn is loaded.
All you have to do, is modify the
[Engine.PlayerInput] section of the UTInput.ini by adding a last line with your binding:
Bindings=(Name="Name of the Key, e.g. Spacebar", Command="ThrowWeapon")

Can I get centre weapon without having it hidden?
yes look under, [UTGame.UTPlayerController]
and set: bCenteredWeaponFire=True :)

Is there any way to get the mouse to move smoothly in the menus? It's like it's underwater atm, I want it fast and accurate, stopping as soon as I stop moving.
No, its a annoying feature yet.

Is there a hammer-jump bind?
No, never seen one. :satan:

is there a way to change my name with a bind? I had to create a login as UTUseless which I don't want to be my in-game name.
No, login name is what you get, but you can create many accounts with same cd-key..

Brilliant, thanks for help :thumb: I had looked for all this stuff in the forums but couldn't find the answers, cheers :D

WeaponHandPreference=HAND_Centre
bCenteredWeaponFire=True

I changed the above to this but the weapon hand is still set to right :confused:

WeaponHandPreference=HAND_Centre
bCenteredWeaponFire=True

I changed the above to this but the weapon hand is still set to right :confused:
You can't get a centered VIEW of the weapon, but the above setting makes your AIMING centered.

You will also see that all the projectiles will now shoot from the centre, and not from the right. (Hidden ftw).

If you noticed, you had to hit a shockball slightly to the right of it, without the above setting, now it's hitting smackdown right in the middle of it.

And the only reason I can think of why they don't have a centered view of the weapon = more work to them = bad.

edit: link for reference

Last edited:
Is it possible to change the showscores-bind from F1 to Tab?
Type this in the console, while in-game:

setbind tab GBA_Showscores

And if you need the quickconsole (tab by standard) bound to something else, change the 'Typekey=' part of the UTInput.ini to something else.

Last edited:
- Is it possible to show a name on mouse-over like in ut'99 (the other ut games too?)?
- Is it possible to see/hear your own taunts if you kill somebody?
- Can you tweak the chatbox so it looks more like the ut'99 one?(lol im nostalgic.). This current chatbox only shows like 2 messages wich aren't good viewable imo.
- How can you remove private messages?

- Is it possible to show a name on mouse-over like in ut'99 (the other ut games too?)?
- Is it possible to see/hear your own taunts if you kill somebody?
- Can you tweak the chatbox so it looks more like the ut'99 one?(lol im nostalgic.). This current chatbox only shows like 2 messages wich aren't good viewable imo.
- How can you remove private messages?

Have never seen any solution to your problems sneez :satan: