8 new (?) tricks...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Oooo, far more useful. Prolly only for 2v2 though and you need to get a move on once you've hit the button.

ha i really love the antihammer protection :rolleyes:

Best is defnetly desolate to guard room - others are tooooo tricky for me... but hey Anthony your free to do them next match :rofl:

btw, why do you have screenflashes on?

cheers derZ

about siege jump: isnt alt-hammer from the lift to mid tower more useful?

Waaaaaay more useful, but I was just showing off. Look at my suicides in the bottom left to see how many times I fucked it up previously :P

Dunno how to turn screen flashes off, but like Torp says it is helpful for me anyway. One downside is when I get sniped my whole screen goes a bit nuts with the flash and it's really disorienting, hard to recover from :\

ahem, in trix n frax you do it from the top of the snipertower, not from the lift like useless

lol oops :D abd mind I got then l0l

Waaaaaay more useful, but I was just showing off. Look at my suicides in the bottom left to see how many times I fucked it up previously :P

Dunno how to turn screen flashes off, but like Torp says it is helpful for me anyway. One downside is when I get sniped my whole screen goes a bit nuts with the flash and it's really disorienting, hard to recover from :\

you can also do a backhammer-liftjump into that window, but its very hard to perform :D (I thought its useful in proas before getting any other objective, so you can easily sneak into tower and kill html eh the hammercamper there)

you can also do a backhammer-liftjump into that window, but its very hard to perform :D (I thought its useful in proas before getting any other objective, so you can easily sneak into tower and kill html eh the hammercamper there)

Ye I spent ages praccing that one and made an avi of it once, but it's got a fail rate of like 99/100 so not very useful :( Kinda like the Golg backlaunch single hammer - great if you manage it, but you never manage it :P Still pro tho :thumb:

I only hammer-camp on siege when a pug captain REALLY forces me to, or when im on league server where i ping 150 or above f1.

McP0tting is far more effective ;)

Gotta see, there's some interesting stuff in there!

me myself personally never bothered to use a hammerbind so I still fuck up even frigate after all this time.

Here's some bridge tricks http://www.filefront.com/14062235/Micke-bridge-tricks.rar if you haven't seen them.
I had a link in my sig before with lots of UT movies that I liked for different reasons and this trick demo file but I forgot to update it eventually so lost it all :\ I'll re-upload again some day.

Edit: I liked the guard room jump Useless but I do it backwards from there and almost land on the switch (steer right after you jump)

Last edited:
Edit: I liked the guard room jump Useless but I do it backwards from there and almost land on the switch (steer right after you jump)

Well you can get up there with a back hammer too but it's really hard to judge bcos of the lines in the wall to your left as you run backwards up the slope - you keep hitting the little curved ledge and it messes it up. I just like the little mini-jumps you can do when you're up there :P

slightly off topic, but remove screen flashes now!!!!

and staying on topic, i really like the desolate guard room jump, think i will steal that 1:P

I for 1 will never remove screenflash, I do however have the command to switch bound on my PC. If for example of Bridge I want to see people in the water I turn it off. However, I don't wish to be hit by any ammo and not know.

Useless said:
Well you can get up there with a back hammer too but it's really hard to judge bcos of the lines in the wall to your left as you run backwards up the slope - you keep hitting the little curved ledge and it messes it up. I just like the little mini-jumps you can do when you're up there :P
I meant jumping straight to switch like this http://www.wegame.com/watch/Desolate_Guard_Room_Jump/ but I liked your mini jumps too :)
While I was making this ^ I thought I might as well make a video of the bridge tricks too. http://www.wegame.com/watch/Bridge_Tricks/

Edit: Btw you can jump from the gun to switch on desolate almost immediately after you get up there. Depends a little where you land but you don't have to load your hammer up to max.
Also might as well add that if you got low ping you don't have to use the box on the ground just below the desolate final switch. Just jump up from the ground and land straight on it. Only mentioning because I've seen so many use the box to get more height that isn't needed.

Last edited:
Ye I use fraps - tried a couple of others but they didn't work as well. I found out why fraps was lagging to 5 fps after a few minutes - just changed to one of my USB hard drives for writing to while recording and it fixed it. Turns out my main HD needs defragged but I cba doing it just to fix fraps.

@ Torp - I could do with being shown that bind m8, would come in useful for me.

@ Supermic - Nice vids :Thumb: I had no idea you could twist round that far in Deso, so might be worth a praccy or two. And the Bridge vid is just technique from start to finish - more than one of them I had never seen before, and I especially loved the rox / lift jumps, though I always fuck them up. The boot-jump from the arch to Second was also nice. You prolly won't believe me but hopefully pxq or Maber will back me up on this - I came up with the rocket / boot jump from the autocannon (the first one in your vid) too on my own and it was going to be one of the ones I posted in this thread, thinking I was the first to do it (wrong again lol). I think I made it once and then realised I had godmode on so I gave up :P Good to see it's possible tho, even if I can't get the timing.

I also came up with what I'm absolutely certain is an original double hammer launch in Bridge, and I was praccing it with pxq and Maber the other day, but I haven't demoed it, so if two ppl want to help me it would be nice to fraps it and get it on here. And if anyone says they've seen it before it's because I have tried praccing it with other ppl in the past :P

Had another dbl hammer in Bridge too but it's not quite as yippee, though it's still nice.

Last edited:
You need to time the autocannon rocketlaunchjump differently than on the lifts + I use 4 rockets on autocannon and 3 on the lifts. I struggled with the autocannon most that's why I did that first :D.
You can download the demo and pause to see aim and then listen to timing, it should help if you struggle with some trick.

Useless, I cant get you the direct bind as I dont have UT.

As I remember you set screenflash shortcuts at the top and then sflash1 I think.

Not 100% on this or who told me how.

We practised the golgo3 ones in pdm but they are just too slow.

The jump onto the wooden bridge is usually stopped as there is a delay which gives the defence time to get into a spamming place before the gate opens. Even then it still takes a while to get into place, and unless things have changed the Gate objective is usually completed before you get there.

And the one round the back just takes too long.

We found launching to be more useful.