Search results

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

1. D

Can any1 setup a ut2k3 serve

I think that would be a quick way to get busted... Same with hosting the files, I have the capability to host them but I wouldn't risk it. If Infogames do go in hard on this then they could prosecute. It's not worth it IMHO, wait for the official demo then you can do what you like, legally...
  2. D

USB Cardreader

My brother in law has one and says it's MUCH faster than downloading from the device, how much of that is pride of ownership I don't know. Darkheart
  3. D

Jedi Knight II: Outcast, Multiplayer, FUN FUN FUN!

I get bored of people who abuse push on Nystreets, that and people who double team in deathmatch (one grips one hacks with sabre), very lame. I dunno why every Q3 game needs to have a BFG (or even 2) in it the rocket launcher and ball gun (whatever that is) are just boring. This game is very...
  4. D

Jedi Knight II: Outcast, Multiplayer, FUN FUN FUN!

Anyone else playing this game multiplayer? I absolutely love it, the jedi powers/weapons/sabre combo is just loads of fun. There are a few winges: Some of the force powers are a bit too good, particularly on levels with no floor. There arn't really enough maps. Some of the weapons...
  5. D

Dungeon Siege...

Ajax I could have stayed alive by using the potions etc that the mobs frequently drop, I just couldn't be bothered, the game was not sufficiently enganging for me to care enough to keep checking my health bar every 30 seconds. The game is extremely repetitive and very, very dull it's more like...
  6. D

Dungeon Siege...

Forced myself to play it for another 20 minutes (felt like an hour), Dungeon Siege is probably the most boring game ever written and I include such games "Where's Spot?" in that list. Darkheart
  7. D

Dungeon Siege...

Anyone also played this...? I picked it up today and my first impression is...It sucks major arse. The inital start point and mission is hackneyed, then you start throw the forest getting attacked litterally every 10 seconds or so by exactly the same kinds of monsters again and again. It's...
  8. D

This should be interesting...

Well I gave the option of Q3, Mohaa or whatever anyone thought was optimal. Seeing as you've given the game away, the rough maximum for any game ATM is about 50K. If your computer is doing nothing at all except rendering as fast as it can using normal model meshes you might just get 100K @...
  9. D

Phear, you always spoil my fun :mad: I was hoping to get at least a few people to go for 2M... The figures published by Nvidia, and other GFX companies are so wonderfully misleading... Darkheart
  10. D

How many triangles (often reffered to as the polycount for a scene or model) do you think are rendered per frame in todays games? I've noticed most games don't give this information with their FPS counters and thought it might be interesting to find out how many polys people think are in the...
  11. D

More trouble for NTL...

NTL can't pay their bondholders the 96M they owe them and they have another 500M due next month, looks like they could be stuffed. Problem is who the hell could buy them out if they go down...? I hope and pray it is not BT or AOHELL... More info here...
  12. D

Cable or ADSL HMMM!

Well this is just my take, but for me Cable (NTL) is 1/2 the price of ADSL and I get consistently good results from it. Unlike BT ADSL which I use at work which is wank. Darkheart
  13. D

Post your ISP speed test results!

Speed Test Report ISP Speed Tester - for ntl:World - 512k service By Daniel Elwell - [email protected] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- These results are only a snapshot of this particular moment. They are dependant on...
  14. D

OK another batch, surely these 1's arn't too hard??

Part of making it easier was to give the candidate more "correct" answers so yeah there are a lot of open ended questions. This is not supposed to be an exam, just a "Do you know how to deal with these kind of support queries?". Basically most answers were accepted where there candidate...
  15. D

LOL, that is not what our support people do, if, I want people with real skills anyone expecting to read an autocue for living would not last 5 minutes. The questionairre is structured in the same way as 90% of exams, question number with the marks available shown in [brackets]. Darkheart
  16. D

OK a new batch of candidates a new batch of questions, LMK what you think of these, but hurry start interviews in a few hours. I reckon these are significantly easier than the last lot, but would appreciate anyone who wants to guinea pig. IT Questionnaire 1) Examine the network...
  17. D

Any kickass modelers in the house?

Anyone do any modelling and looking to have something the would like included in a benchmark/demo prog? Original models only in X,MD2 or 3DS format, you will obviously be credited for your work and it is possible you may get paid for some further models but the project is still at an early...
  18. D

Are these questions too hard for IT Support Recruits?

Either this forum is really slow these days (wouldn't be surprised) or this thread won't die, first time I've been back in a couple of weeks and this 1 is STILL here. Still haven't got anyone for the job yet BTW but doing a bunch of interviews next week and hopefully one good candidate...
  19. D

laggy lately ?

Jolt is continuing it's downward spiral into ever wankier (<-new word specifically invented to describe Jolt), service. BT had a MAJOR screw up for about 3 days last week (Wed,Thur, 1/2 of Friday). But I've noticed more PL creeping in recently which is worrying. Darkheart
  20. D

OFTEL Prepares NTL Collapse Contingency Plan

A large scale reversion back to BT would be the worst possible thing that could happen to the industry (and more importantly customers), I dunno about this 1 I've seen a lot of FT articles that companies are going down and they don't. As long as they can make the interest payments on their debts...