Recent content by doh

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

1. doh

LOL

*bump*
  2. doh

Wtf??

I wonder if there's a club for the longest running forums we can sign up for somewhere...
  3. doh

Wtf??

Had to move the sites to another server. The snapshot that was moved was a few days old
  4. doh

Recommended hard disks? (Mechanical)

Well yeah, one things sure. If you worry enough about your data to pick a drive based on its reliability rating, you worry enough to either be taking backups or running RAID1. Never rely on a harddrive to keep your data safe.
  5. doh

Recommended hard disks? (Mechanical)

While not definitive, this is probably the closest you'll get to any statistics for reliability: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-reliability-failure-rate,2923-3.html
  6. doh

utassault.net DNS problems

The server uses host headers to point you to the right website. Thats why you need to add the IP with the domain in your hosts file.
  7. doh

utassault.net DNS problems

Here you can discuss the recent announcement: http://forums.utassault.net/announcement.php?f=4&a=106 A bit more info. Russ is the guy that Martz usually contacts to make changes to the domain. He's also the guy that we can't get in contact with anymore.
  8. doh

Battery issues

Perhaps its time to stop spending any more money on it then? ;)
  9. doh

Battery issues

I've seen macbooks completely reject old batteries before. (i know its not a macbook) Batteries these days have electronics built into the battery along with the charging circuit in the laptop itself. Usually the laptop or the battery will also keep a history file which helps it calculate how...
  10. doh

Morten!

:bday: my younger name!
  11. doh

Oh

Gone? How gone? Whats your nick? [edit]Well if its been ages, i guess there's your answer! Not referring to the toasty toasty server not being all too stable then.
  12. doh

Android.

Yeah, I've been having the same problem lately, it always seems like something even better comes up when I'm just about ready to buy a new phone. And mind you, i have a Nokia 8310 atm! However Samsung and HTC are the big players in the Android smartphone market, and I'm pretty sure that Galaxy...
  13. doh

Android.

I'd probably wait for Samsung Galaxy S II or HTC Sensation as well. They will both be more powerful with dual core processors - No word on battery life though. The Samsung will also have NFC - don't know about the HTC, and both will have Android 2.3 Gingerbread, which indeed has nice...
  14. doh

Win7 64-bit slow on laptop?

I wouldn't even run Windows 7 with just 1GB of ram. A base installation is always going to consume more memory then a base install of Windows XP. When you start running apps you'll easily dry out that 1GB. Stick with XP, or upgrade with at least another GB of ram. As for the 64bit/32bit...
  15. doh

Hard Drive problems

Do i get points?