Rome total war 2

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Prometheus

?????????
Aug 13, 2006
Zagreb, Hrvatska
Has someone been playing this game? I know the first game in the series was ok. I ve seen the demos on steam and it looks awesome.

Which leads to me second question.... I ve got a pretty outdated system:

Intel (R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @3.00 GHz 3.00 GHz and 2.00 GB RAM + an ATI Radeon HD 4800 series with 512 MB RAM.....

could I be able to run it on min specs (without getting too choppy)?

hey tnx for teh link....

well i wos thinking some1 of u has a pc like mine and is playing the game so i could get some info on the game running on my pc or a pc like mine.

i would use min specs ofc nothing fancy

Also, I remember Total War: Shogun having some massive issues with memory leakage. After a while in MP it would just completely shut down the pc :<

But I'm sure tw2 is better optimised..

massive fan of the total war series started playing at medieval total war
then rome total war and the 2 expansions (the barbarian invasions exp of rome with the western roman empire is still the greatest challenge ive faced in total war games stupid christianity taking over!!! and 10k strong barbarian hordes :hangover:)
then medieval 2 total war <=== still best game imo i literally played that one for 14 hours in a row, quite a few times, without standing up or eating anything while at uni (in my last semesters where i had 1 or 2 classes only)
+expansions a bit but orig is best

played a little bit of imperial total war wasnt a big fan of the research system and the campaign map was odd... most euro factions had 1 city... take it and boom faction gone :wtf:

shogun 2 was boring to me even though i love the samurai culture :/

rome 2 is awesome graphically, the units are much more fluid when it comes to reorganizing themselves, has some interesting ideas but its OBVIOUSLY been rushed way too much and the balance/AI is utterly shit. then again i only played the game in the first week but i dread to play it more.... you can win most battle by capturing a tiny point super quickly and the enemy AI is beyond beyond retarded like wont move in to kill your guys capping, letting skirmishers into the line to surround and kill general and never charge them.... oh and on the map u cant set taxes for 1 city its 1 level for all so thats fucking shit
not to mention theres like 2 to 4 times as much "factions" so when you end your turn you gotta wait for MINIMUM 45s sometimes up to 2-3 min for the fucking turn to calculate like 40+ factions instead of ~12-20

anyway... if ur not in a rush, get a new cpu and wait for the game to drop in price and get LOTS and LOTS of patches to actually be playable and not ridiculously easy/frustrating

Hey html tnx for the info mate :)

i didnt play any other TW game except for Rome cause i luv the setting!

and yeah thats thea great advice : i am gonna wait till the price drops and they patch it properly and maybe buy a new pc :)

tnx again :)