Custom Maps

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Custom maps?

• Total voters
I don't remember the last time Dustbowl was picked. Must be last year? Now it's suddenly gaining non custom status. :lol:

Dustbowl needs to be played 5v5+. It does get picked once in a blue moon, but with the limited amount of 5v5+'s recently, and other custom maps higher on the popularity scale, it doesn't get played in as many pugs as it should be.

--------- remove from maplist
31.AS-BioassaultSE_preview2

Bioassault is historically a spam-heavy map, but with the changes there is much less focus on spam. I would of thought North American players like smant and html would pick it, but I think I've only played it once since it was added. I don't mind playing the map, but if no-one is going to pick it, and if too many people dislike it, then I have no problem with it being removed.

--------- remove from maplist
32.AS-GekokujouAL][

This was picked as early as yesterday. Kinda' reminds me of Frigate. Weird map, but I think if everyone learnt all the objectives and what each switch did, then the playing experience would improve.

Last edited:
just as side note...

if u (pug muppets) come up with some ideas/suggestions/wishes to balance/change 1 of my preview´s,

and those changes get supported by a minimum of 10 people !

i´m up to resurrect my uED and do those changes in those maps 4 the community

just as side note...

if u (pug muppets) come up with some ideas/suggestions/wishes to balance/change 1 of my preview´s,

Which one are your previews? i'm always full of ideas

-------- CAPTAIN can pick as many as you want from these maps

--------- 1 per captain max

--------- 1 per month

--------- Remove Resurrection

:thumb:

just as side note...

Oke friend, here's some suggestions on 2 gut maps ja

OM-G

2nd attacker spawn

• More ammo
  • Rocket Launcher

@ Core

• Add shock instead of bio for defenders

• Remove whatever it is that makes everyone drop frames on that room.

After core goes
  • Remove clumsy attacker spawns inside the ship while it's airborne

Fuses
  • Either reduce their Health by 30% or enlarge their hitbox

After map's over
  • Shorten "ending screen time?" to normal

Nalicolony_Pv5

1st attackers spawn
  • Add sniper ammo pack
  • Swap useless bio with tnt or remove it alltogether
After hydraulic system goes
  • Make the gate leading to the bomb open faster but leave the ramp as is (Quick hammerjump rush posibilities for attackers)
  • Add pads to attackers spawn or make it so that getting armor is slightly more convinient.
Bomb
  • Add sniper ammo pack
  • Swap health packs with some vials
Train
  • Add an extra health pack for back defenders
  • Add extra ammo close to the train

Last edited:
imo biggest problem maps have are dead areas or too long routes
every good map is usually action packed, u dont have big roads to walk and u can generally shoot players on your way

a good map also has a few hard objectives, u dont have to make em spammy or clumped up cause then it's annoying to attack
(remember old asteno?)

spawns are also important and u generally want to spawn faced towards where u wanna go (not always easy to do and even some good maps have shit ones-i hate water one on bridge)

these r ofc general guidelines that should be followed when u do a map but with testing it should be a lot easier and smoother

Oke friend, here's some suggestions on 2 gut maps ja

now just find 9 more peeps that supporrt ur suggestions + the guaranty that the maps come to pug

i won´t waste my time 4 doin changes that "can take" several hours, in a map that no 1 want´s to play

Last edited:
I agree with CBGs comments most of them at least

OM-G
I dont know this map fully played it like 20 times and i like it alot.
I think people just need to play this map more and learn it better.
Perhaps we will.
END Screen yes needs to be shortened. Rest i dont really have input on yet. Looks playable and good to me so far.

Nalicolony_Pv5
Starting to love this map and picking it alot. All obj are fine people just need to adjust. The only thing i can come up with is that its hard to get the generator the first objective.
There is one way to make it a bit more interesting for the attackers and might make it a bit easier.
Add 1 boots for the attacker like where shockrifle is located at spawn. This way you can single slide on leftside wall and boot/hammerjump over the whole way almost to the objective. Or do some other tricks with the boots.
THe boots is now located on the truck which kinda is in defense advantage. Keep that and add 1 or remove those to the attackers.

Rest of map is really nice. Dunno what changed at last obj thouch is this still hard to get. Cant remember last time i finished the map. I remember i had to secondary hammer to be able to finish the map in the teleport. You still need to do that? Perhaps its better change this to a better "Touch" objecitve like ballistic end/last obj

Saqqara
Is another map i really really like and is really playable. Its bir shorter than the other maps but you need that aswell. Kinda like Desertstorm.

The thing that people complain about still tho is end part. Its to hard to attack the end. Perhaps change this a bit and remove the water from just the end part.
Keep the water in the middle section.

Instead of the drop down end objective i think you should remove the water from the end and put like a ship there. Kinda like snowdunes end.
If you reach/breach this ship you finish the map. The water just makes it crap in the end.

Put a ship like snowdunes further back so its not so far to run for the attackers. And remove the water there.
Should also imo remove the water from where you drop out from low route with belt. Its really had to jump over the water with belt and boots cause you get killed before reach the ground. Then you need to walk like 100m more.

These changes on Saqqara would make it way funnier to play.

Aye I fully agree that saqqara's ending could be improved, while attacking I always feel very vulnerable

i vote we should do omg because theyve spent 393993 hours doing that map- and no one appreciates it. its truly impressive considering ut99 engine..

@core- other than shooting it from 93939 ft away from the top right/left sides (hammer or boots) the obj is too far to get in a big room with prrrrt
@fuses- worthless obj beacuse peopel take them outa order? make them untargetable until after the lift campy obj?
@lift campy obj- ive been camping inside on the lifts with a belt and 30 rockets.. kinda hard to attack with good prrt outside the door, lower hp on the glass? or make two ways in/up to the spam?
@end- delay the final from after crystals, same thing people camp the end as a result i dont even defend crystals...

thank you che for giving us another chance :)

vote we should do omg because theyve spent 393993 hours doing that map- and no one appreciates it. its truly impressive considering ut99 engine..

@core- other than shooting it from 93939 ft away from the top right/left sides (hammer or boots) the obj is too far to get in a big room with prrrrt
@fuses- worthless obj beacuse peopel take them outa order? make them untargetable until after the lift campy obj?
@lift campy obj- ive been camping inside on the lifts with a belt and 30 rockets.. kinda hard to attack with good prrt outside the door, lower hp on the glass? or make two ways in/up to the spam?
@end- delay the final from after crystals, same thing people camp the end as a result i dont even defend crystals...

Agree with pogo. OMG is a good map and need some adjustments. It also looks really good so i also prefer fixing this before saqqare.

NALI
First i would add boots or do anything to make it easier on first obj on Nali. Rest is OK i think on this map. Love boots and shock and is a fun combination.

O-MG MAP
@CORE agree with the the core. Its kinda useless obj to shoot it from MILES away. And some ppl skip this obj on first run and runs to the right. ITs kinda boring when i look back after map starts i see like 1 ppl joining me rest runs to the right doing fuck knows. Id prefer this obj to be mandatory and that EVERY1 needs to assault it. Not as it is now. Change it and make it bit harder. Prefer touchboj. Then after u done this the "right side" will be available if you know what i mean.

@fuses- worthless obj beacuse peopel take them outa order? make them untargetable until after the lift campy obj? ----> Dunno this
@Impossible to attack this obj like pogo says. Make this wider and the lifts are fucked up. Door is so spammable
@The last obj is bit strange with the button and teleport. Dunno what i think of this really.
Need to play this map to give more input.

The most boring part is the start cause its no team assaulting. People run all over the map

ok, i´ll have a look on nali at the next rainy WE

i grab some suggestions and issues from above here:

and getting into Nali nest is much harder than Ballistic nest.

yes honey, it´s harder
but when i builded it ... i had players with 10+ years UT and hammer experience in my mind

also, there´s a double hammer behind the start ruin on the hill
we managed to send 1 on the snipernest so he could walk around to hydraulic or wait until some1 opens nest

train area:

i´ll have a look to fix thos fps issues
but it will be hard 4 me to "guess" those issues cause i never had any

will add 1 more ammo and HP near the train

also thinking about a alternate route like a maintenance tunnel that leads from bomb to the train tunnel..with a switch in the train area

plz discuss it

I don't like that attack can take the Castle objective easily on first run, and get a slightly better spawn straightaway.

i could set it after chains..so u need both chains be4 getting a new spawn
also, could move rox further away from the teleport

plz discuss it

1st attackers spawn

Add sniper ammo pack

np

Swap useless bio with tnt or remove it alltogether

i´m afraid, i won´t remove a bio from a map...there´s some prices u´ll have to pay :P

After hydraulic system goes

Make the gate leading to the bomb open faster but leave the ramp as is (Quick hammerjump rush posibilities for attackers)
Add pads to attackers spawn or make it so that getting armor is slightly more convinient.

will take a look

Add 1 boots for the attacker like where shockrifle is located at spawn.

i think boots right at the start would be to much advantage 4 attackers
i would place em in the ruins

slide hammer jump on the rights side (or get launched over)
and do a boot hammer jump with pads to the hydraulic

plz discuss it

--------------------------------------------------------

i hope i didn´t miss anything important
if so then gimme a hint

NaliColony, some ideas from me -

Start -
Remove the barbed wire. A bit annoying for defence jumping over and sometimes hitting it, also annoying for attackers hammering themselves onto the wall.

Add an armour and health pack to outside the wall like Ballistic. It would give attack and defence something else to fight for. Perhaps this would make it too much like Ballistic though.

After the front defence spawn is disabled, maybe the top of the foxhole/lift thing should blow up and create a hole so the attack can use the tunnel. It would give the attack somewhere else to go, and would create a position for the defence captain to fill.

34rt3xy.png

Bomb -
I have no problem with this. Maybe add pads for back bomb defence. I think it's good that the big door takes a while to open for attackers. It gives defence a chance to get to the bomb first.

Train... there's only two things I can think of to make it better -
Change the ceiling so attackers can RL/HL more easily, or...
Create an alternative route such as this -

15cj8fc.png

It would tunnel through the ramp and come out below the defence spawn high door. This might unfortunately encourage even more spawn killing, so you would probably have to give the defence two doors to jump out from, or something similar.

Also the existing low route door for defence (down the ramp) shouldn't able to be opened by attackers.

End -
The teleports are a little confusing, maybe there is a way to simplify them. You could make it so that there's 4 obvious teleports facing you when you spawn. Something like: left side teleport goes straight to left chain, right side teleport goes straight to right chain, middle two teleports go to front and castle (front closes after chains), and all the lookout tower teleports are in a row behind your back. Difficult to come up with a solution when there's so many towers at the end, but anywho :chilled:

Also, I honestly think it would be best if rockets were just removed, or at least moved to inside a chain house. The chains mostly go down by quick rocket shots, and then a simple rocket launch to end completes the map. It feels the final outside part of NaliColony goes by way too fast recently.

Last edited:
I agree with all spheres points including train part (tunnel), just need another route to take 1 front defender away and force them to defend somewhere else. Not sure about where to put this tunnel/route but we can leave that up to your creative mind, could try spheres tunnel and change if its crap!

End remove 1 chain objective, so defence can focus on just one,
get rid of waterwell
Fix final objective (turn water pool into stone, bt keep the raised bump, just to make it a little tricky for attackers to touch)

End remove 1 chain objective, so defence can focus on just one,
get rid of waterwell
Fix final objective (turn water pool into stone, bt keep the raised bump, just to make it a little tricky for attackers to touch)

Agreed with all xb and spheres comment.

Heres some more thoughts.

* Perhaps add boots when map starts at the right buildning from attackers view. Takes a while to go there but worth it. Not add them att shockrifle but at the buildning where pads at.

* I like the tunnel idea sphere posted. NEw route under the wall.

* Remove wire yes!!

* Make it BIT easier to get into nest somehow. Can u get bomb when breach nest or is the laser still there? I remember it was. Not tried last 10 times...Make this route more alive.

* Dont like the new tunnel on train defense u suggested. I like that part actually. Just make it easier to get the armor for the attackers. U now need to sui after getting it.

* YEs the ramp that goes up after generator needs to be fast what cbg said.

* After u got the train u jump out of it. Sometime u cant cause theres a fucking edge there which is really annoying.
Remove this small ledge or whatever that is when attacking the charges Just when jump out of ship.

* After jump out of ship put pads in middle of room or armor to make it easuer getting charge 2

* Agree with XB remove 1 chain. Make it harder to get 1 chaiin

* Move rox a bit firther back.

* Should not be abale to get into castle until the chain is destroyed.

END PART
* i wanna change cause i agree with you 2. THere should be a touch objective instead

* I also wanna add a jumppad to attackers like on snowdunes so tou can reach middle tower roof which is open. Then drop down and land on the switch. This way its 3 ways in and makes it funny with mid air combos =)

Try che to make the map a bit faster cause last 5 times we played it its like 12-20 minute map.
So make it a bit easier for attackers.

Last edited:
Agreed with sphere's suggestions, reason behind my suggestion to open the gate door faster so attackers can rush bomb was to prevent defenders from easily shoving out and burning alot of time with just spam and stand combos, vials on bomb was (eventually) for attackers as well, guy who takes boots would take them, but like sphere said, if there's a secondary route it solves all the problems imo.

Ramp can go faster tho aye. Alot of time burned and defenders have more than enough time to get to bomb unless they're dummies and don't sui right away :p:

Last edited: