VOTE Custom PUG Maps, #2

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

seas_

Nov 2, 2005
Austria
kaka's thread

Thanks for opening that thread back then, kaka.
Unfortunately it got spammed below Useless' thread, so not many comments in there.
That's the reason why I open threads in various sub forums, BY THE WAY.

#assault will be 100% soon and I will be adding a reasonable amount of custom maps.
Which ones should be allowed to get picked in nwAS 6v6?

You will be able to play ALL of them, when playing the bigmapsAS. That's 3v3 or more, at like best of 3 maps.
So, uh, we will be trying out a lot of custom maps there and have votes if we should add it for nwAS 6v6 maplist.
There's gonna be a whole bunch of them in there.

Other information about #assault:
Promotion will be done with linking to http://ut99assault.com/w1sh_twnZ which should get most ppl into the chan.
Maybe we have a rule of 2 new ppl only per 6v6, with a newcomerAS 4v4 which is 2 regulars max, rest new.

DO NOT PROMOTE THE CHANNEL YET. Some other work needs to be done first.

Oh and somebody please pm me cell number of Timo? :)

Actually, there's no vote, upcoming maplist:

1.AS-AsthenosphereSE
2.AS-AutoRip
3.AS-Ballistic
4.AS-Bridge
5.AS-Desertstorm
6.AS-Desolate][
7.AS-Frigate
8.AS-GolgothaAL
9.AS-Golgotha][AL
10.AS-Mazon
11.AS-RiverbedSE
12.AS-Riverbed]l[AL
13.AS-Rook
14.AS-Siege][ // TIME BUG WILL BE GONE!!!
15.AS-Subbase][SE_preview // Replaces AS-Submarinebase][
16.AS-SnowDunes][AL_beta
17.AS-TheDungeon]l[AL
18.AS-TheScarabSE

19.AS-LavaFort][PV
20.AS-DustbowlALRev04
21.AS-LostTempleBetaV2
22.AS-NavaroneAL
23.AS-ColderSteelSE_beta3
24.AS-NaliColony_preview5
25.AS-Riverbed]l[SE_pre2
26.AS-WorseThings_preview // This stays, but Razon is gone.
27.AS-SaqqaraLE_sobo2 // Or AS-SaqqaraPE_preview, don't know which is better. Replaces AS-SaqqaraPE_preview3.
28.AS-Tydium][AL_preview
29.AS-VampireSE_Beta5
30.AS-GekokojouAL

All 30 maps will be available in one map pack. And redirect will be working fine.

That removes these maps from the current utapug list:
AS-Pandora_preview, AS-O-MG_preview, AS-Razon_preview3, AS-OrbitalDE_preview

In bigmapsAS pugs we can try out these, amongst others:
AS-BioassaultSMANT
AS-DawnRaid_preview
AS-FoT-Shasmah
AS-BridgeSE_beta][
AS-Siege]I[AL
AS-ManticoreLE
AS-Planeshifter
AS-Wolf
heavywater factory
hellraiser latest version was lekker
austria (not sure if playable but i like the yodel)
overlordSE or whatever a decent version

In funAS we have these, amongst others:
football for lulz
guardiaFUN for lulz

Last edited:
Siege won't be unbroken. People have tried to fix it and can't. The only fix would be to lower the siege tower to like 20m and that's not happening :(

Please talk to me about biosmant, I don't know which version is which, I think I produced a final version but I can't remember. There is a bug with this though where the citytex.utx package is different from the standard citytex package. This requires people delete theirs and download from server, tho this version of citytex is backwards compatible it has caused a major pain in the ass before. I'd be happy to fix if someone tells me how.

Also, GuardiaSMANT might be fun to play :P

TIME BUG WILL BE GONE, PEOPLE!!!

Siege gonna keep crashing after 20secs, but it won't result in a time bug!!!

All thanks to spydee, seas and MyM. Appreciation page for that will follow :)

if youre making a big maps section you definitely need to add a few classics:
bigassteroidv3 (actually playable but looooooooong)
redemption actually playable if ppl dont lift spam
grandcanyon_ml2 (might be unplayable but not for noobs who dunno map + it looks epic)
ressurection (might be unplayable but the cool factor of the map is immense)

also for reg as, please put as-vampire NOT as beta 5, i ran as-vampire in every single survivor i hosted and it played fine the beta version is for noobz! u dont need a warning message for ppl taking the tunnel to the water wheel and getting rid of the kicker on the plank near the keg is just sad :( as-vampire is balanced and perfect as is

Yeah, thanks, man :)

Btw, #assault is work in progress, not moving at max speed, but it's gonna be fine.
Let's say we start linking to http://ut99assault.com/w1sh_twnz on Sunday.

Nvm http://ut99assault.com itself, that's outdated information, gonna fix that within a day or two.

edit: I have recruited 1-2 more server admins, in case MyM loses his temper, kills Riv or yaku and gets put into prison as a result.

Other things to come: PM/Email/FB inactive UTA people and bring them back into new chan.

There's gonna be 1000€ of prize money for UTAssault.net, sponsored by ASUS/whatever or myself, which will bring back 2-3 divisions of 5 clans each.
Ideally, anyway.

FURTHERMORE, we are gonna promote the UTA meeting(s) we are gonna have this year. Ideally it's only 1 meeting, with 20+ people.
Let's say Amsterdam, in August. Opinions welcome!

Also:
DJ has had his fun in #utapug, but he will be perm banned in #assault.
XB will be given another chance in #assault, I hope it works out, because it was fun to play with Riv+XB combo.

But wait, there's more!
- Best of UTA quotes. Everybody can submit, admins will review and publish them.
- Very strict rule enforcing on being late. That's what has been neglected lately.
- Yellow card system we might keep? Dunno if it can get credibility back? Either way it was a good idea by DJ, it's a shame he brought it ad absurdum ;x
- All AS movies on YT and listed.
- AS clips.
- Live streams of matches.
- naliAS, possibly even in league.

Quasi^ (50), Axl_Rose (25)
Axl x2 == Quasi hehehehehehehe

Last edited:
Oldskool players left for a reason reckon u got no chance bringing people back. Just seems a massive effort ur putting in when the likely hood of anything good cumming from it r pretty remote. People have long moved on.

I aint betting over utas. What im saying is yes you may get 5-10 but nowhere near enough to make divisions up to then start a league.

I aint betting over utas. What im saying is yes you may get 5-10 but nowhere near enough to make divisions up to then start a league.

Those people won't be people who have moved on but still game regularly on a competitive level, namely on Clanbase.

Negative nancies will not be welcome and will be asked to get the fuck out.

I'm a bit with stu on this one

I'm really grateful about all those efforts and it motivates me to play the game more but i think the league cant be revived... in its old state anyway, speaking for myself I cant commit to playing 4 games a month and i think that goes for most people. If you want to recreate a league perhaps you should change the rules and either lower the # of matches per month and/or lower the duration of clan wars (8 maps instead of 14 or something)

HOWEVER what I do think is a realistic hope is getting a pug channel with constant 6v6 intense action and balanced teams sorta like #utapug in 2007, man those were fun days!!!
I believe what you're doing might be enough to jumpstart a new and more active pug for a few years

nobody knows the future but all we can do is hope for the best and say thanks for trying seas :thumb:

Last edited:
bs html.

When you brought me back in March everyone said "The league is dead oh noes you'll never get a clanwar to happen, the last 6v6 was in 2011 or 2010 and it'll never happen again" - so I made it happen again, and then to prove it I did it again. Things can be accomplished if people put effort in, but the problem with UTA has always been that too few people want to put effort in. (Sincere note to all those people: You suck.) Maybe 4 wars a month isn't going to work, but 2 might. 8 maps is a warmup, stick with 14 or 12.

Yes they can be accomplished....playing the same clan once a month? What have u acheived here? Bringing back old memories....great im all for that but its not going to be a constant thing. All being said if it does then well done hats off to you, tho I seriously doubt it.

Tbh seas even if I was active id want nothing to do with this, your whole attitude has changed since this crusade of yours...well done. Talk about power/authority control jesus.

Tbh seas even if I was active id want nothing to do with this, your whole attitude has changed since this crusade of yours...well done. Talk about power/authority control jesus.

I need to be like that, I need to be just like MC. Otherwise we have certain people walking all over us. And making us look bad.

He brought #utapug, for which he deserves a lot of kudos, and I'm bringing #assault.

Last edited:
Brb googling the definition of "consensus-building" for seas.

Morpheus, its a start, and an incredible accomplishment for 2013 if I do say so myself.
We've also brought back a bunch of players, and are actually bringing some new ones in! Played publics for several hours the past nights, even had 5v6 last night with mostly old-school players!

You're a guy who has a lot of contacts and could be very useful at building activity, but if people look at it from a negative "it can't be done" attitude nothing good will come.

There's gonna be plenty of votes, if a map should be added, et cetera.

And I'm not looking to piss Stu off already, but I am explaining right away that being negative is not what helps AS.
"NO WAY YOU PULL THAT OFF" kinda stuff i need to smack down, otherwise people don't have faith.

Im not being negative at all, I just think its a hard task.

Yes I do speak to alot of people on pms/private and if became active may well be able to convince quite a few people to play again. But im past it, the amount of bitching that goes on/people taking the game to serious because of the lack of "frag power" from certain players ruin it. Look at our pugs....there a massive difference between fragging....regardless if the lesser fragger brings different cards to there style of play and at the end of it there bitching. Who would want to be part of that?

Assault isn't about fragpower its about which team is less retarded than the other. This involves launching, teamplay, comms, fragging, movement and tricks. Good players are able to combine these skills to accomplish success as a team.

you will never bring people back, everyone has moved on or is fed up of the bullshit. Trying to implement too many rules at this stage of the game is stupid. Not saying i would do any better i wouldn't even try ,but word of advice , make it as easy as possible for people to play, not hard.

No being negative Nancy, XR and Stu, or you won't be welcome.

We are doing this here, with or without you, your choice.