CHANGE REQUEST to PUGs

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Dj_AL

-)EaS*
Nov 3, 2002
Lund (Sweden)
Hi!

We had some discussion on pug server today and some nice ideas came up.

1: We want UT STATS back up. Is that possible again MyM Martz Timo?
We dont need em saved for like eternity. Just 1 weeks or so, Then they can be deleted or perhaps saved to a master DB just sum all stats up to one total or something. I dunno. This was used in CUP 2009 and woul be real fun if thats doable again in pugs.
Off course it should not affect the perfomance on the gameplay.

2: Possible to make a betting system with "fake money!"
Like just put a bet on a result?
Like 4-3 reds or so and put some money into it Would be fun. XB fix this u hacker. THis is off couse just for fun,
And ppl shoukd not lose in purpose just to gain money. A solution would be just to put money on pugs where u dont play.
Fun feature! fix this XB

3: We need a way to mute spectators in pug
Doable? LIke a new togglemute specs thing. This is really annoying. See ppl spam when playing hate it.

4: We need a new way to mute a single player
Is this doable like lets say i wanna mute another player in my own team or another team but wanna listen to every1 else. THis is not possible today. togglemute "sneez" ex. Just the UTA signed name as command would b great to use.

5: We need some solution to rate players
To make teams fair. Dunno how. Solutions ?
My idea is to put players in 5 diffrent BLOCKS.
Block A = wish bla bla
Block B = bla bla
Block C = bla bla

If u have picked one from block A ur not allowed to pick more from block A....
2 complicated? dunno. After 2 months u change players from blocks if skill level is diffrent.

Solution 2 is just look at stats if that happens and rate ppl from that.

6: Possible with new Chat Box top right side screen?
Is this possible. We specced a pug and could not see our messages due to all killmessages.
Would b nice with a new chatbox that u can get if u spec a pug on right side screen which will last longer than on left side with all kill messages.
It will still b shwon on both side just in case of reporterbot ppl wanna see after the game but mirrored on the right side with only spectators teamsay.
Way easier to read.

COMMENTS?

Last edited:
imo (then again i havent pugged in forever)

1) good idea not sure if doable - i think prob was more bandwith than storage space
2) not sure i see the point of this but if ur gonna run it sure.....
3) dont think its gonna happend but would be nice
4)same as 3 although far less likely to happend imo
5)2 complicated, if ur gonna put a skill rule make it that the captains must both belong in the same group and that they know who to pick, that's it. no wish vs html as captains

5)2 complicated, if ur gonna put a skill rule make it that the captains must both belong in the same group and that they know who to pick, that's it. no wish vs html as captains

Easy solution if its wish vs html as captains.

Block A players worth 10 points
Block B players worth 8 points
Block C players worth 6 points
Block D players worth 4 points
Block E players worth 2 points

If html is block E and wish is A its 10 vs 2 before picking.
Then its easy to be equal after first pick from each captain. Like html picks Salva 8 points and wish picks Jay
its after first pick 12 vs 10. Then at end picks its should be close same amount.

Even if wish picks Salva they on 18 as first pick they need to pick Group E players at end to end up withing +- 4points from the other team.

Great Idea but thats cause its DJ inventing it.

;)

yea pugs are really shit now but imo its peoples attitudes that fuck it up..

1- if you want some coding done put some paypal money up, those talented people left us long ago so lets pay them for some work? i will match any money dj puts in 2x! :dj:
billy-bookcase__80158_PE194633_S4.jpg

2- pay skalman i bet he can churn something out for some mcdonalds money, i think betting site is easy for him

3- just enforce the rule, stfu in spec. you have admins stirring with 1v1herobeastchampion from spec as well do dudu to that.

4- sometimes its impossible to balance teams, you dont have to win every pug but could you at least try and win a few maps? and stfu complaining about every goddamn thing. dont like teams? pick mazon and frigate some luck maps...

even the last pick in a 3v3 will completely fuck things up, we had a pug with 4 great players salva wez wakko? cyb? me and ******. me and said player swapped after 3-0 to "balance the teams"
the pug then went 3-4 other way that said person went 0-8 with rest being fairly equal....

blablablablabla still the same old whining and complaining as always

:rofl:

ranking players has never, and will never work btw

btw hi :wave:

blablablablabla still the same old whining and complaining as always

Whining? HOW?

THis is just suggestion to make things better. Its total opposite of whining.
COmments like that is tho whining and stirring things up.

jEr, I have to side with DJ here. This thread is constructive.

1, 3 & 4 would be kinda neat, but I don't think 4 is possible.

dj i cant take you serously!

to add! my mind here! PUG is our FUN! with strong rules, it would be better make a cup again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some nice ideas but a lot of work for a dying community of pissed off people. Number 5 probably can't work with randcaps, and since PUGs don't often work without randcaps either this might never be solved. Present system doesn't work perfectly but we mostly know whom to pick 'next'. Also, people forget to rate comms and ping and so on, seems to be almost entirely based on fragging.

1: We want UT STATS back up. Is that possible again MyM Martz Timo?

Only of interest to about 4 or 5 players, not really worth bothering with?

2: Possible to make a betting system with "fake money!"

Can do this anyway, doesn't need to be officially implemented. Also open to abuse and unpredictable events (eg. Term leaving and fucking it all up, maybe not so unpredictable).

3: We need a way to mute spectators in pug

Agreed, sometimes we go too far, I should stfu in spec but I like finding fault with my friends, it's a massive character flaw.

4: We need a new way to mute a single player

Christ, yes.

Last edited:
i agree with all ideas!!! and agree with samy too, 1 more gg cup!

Last edited:
Someone's brave rattling the old UTStats cage.

I have no objection at glancing at it, but promise nothing spectacular. I think the issues we had with it before was with the number crunching... Too much crappy data, not enough CPU or suitable disk i/o to handle it.

If someone could let me know average number of maps, players, games per month on pug, I'll see if it's feasible to do a monthly stats roll up (also, what's the likelihood of us still being here this time next year?)

Would you need it to be accurate Timo? I'm sure someone leaves their IRC on so can tell you that but approximates are easy to judge: Average of 3 pugs a day, various team sizes though but that wont matter, probably looking at 20 a week so 80-100 a month. Average maps per pug is between 5 and 6. I suppose the numbers would be heavily reduced without the need for dog servers and the fact pug isn't running always.

Nah, just need to work out the amount of data crunching... 3-500 maps a month with a player base of about 30 odd(?), shouldn't require too much work.

Only hurdle I'm coming across at the moment, is the repository where all the code was stored seems to have gone walkies. :uhh:

Theres about 2800 logs in the last 3 months, server is very rarely joined by people not playing a pug so thats some 450 maps a month