Pug bitching and bans

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

MeetYourMaker

Administrator
Jun 8, 2001
London
Im fed up with a few minority kiddies ruining pugs fora lot of people, I do not like banning people and think you should be able to govern yourself especially as you are all old enough to know better, so consider this a final warning and from now on

If I or another admin personally see

• People spamming non tactic related binds in a pug game repeatedly, they will get a 24hr ban 1st offence, 48hr 2nd and so on
  • People verbally attacking each other in TS, #utapug or server then both sides will be banned, I dont care who started it, you retaliate you are getting banned 48hrs
  • People trying to annoy others to provoke a reaction, resetting pugs, stupid maps, verbal abuse, banned 24hrs
You want to complain about something we missed, pm the admin thats there so they can check their logs and act accordingly.

If an admin isnt around and doesnt see any of the above offences for themselves, PM an admin about it, we will give a warning to the offender. Repeated warnings will result in a ban, 3rd offence 24hr ban.

As posted in league forums the server hosting contract is up for renewal at the end of the month, I am personally paying for this server so if this keeps up then I wont bother renewing it and the league loses another league server and the pug server. Its not worth the aggrevation for me.

Still looking for 1 sensible pug admin, even if you dont want the aggro of banning people Id appreciate some help in monitoring what is going on in the channel/server and reporting back.

Last edited:
People trying to annoy others to provoke a reaction, resetting pugs, stupid maps, verbal abuse, banned 24hrs

Agree with all points, although saying you can't vote "stupid maps" is a bit beyond me. Why are they on the maplist if they are deemed stupid?
And which maps are stupid?

Sneez I expect people to pick custom maps, but we have stated that no more than 2 of the non league ones at any 1 time.

If someone is picking 4 new custom maps and then leaving the pug as soon as it starts because of a so called emergency then they are taking the piss.

1. give admins acces to on eof teh bots? dog-bot maybe that way the bot can kick/ban and "admin" wont get heat from their buddies... else the way it is now people wont ban their friends (understandably so)

2. my uzi binds are now against the rules, but honestly people crying whining about teams/maps/lag etc all fukin game.. if your not having fun then just dont play?

SUPERADMIN GOD MYM!!!!

Hi 24 Hour ban!

Ban without even know the reason for it! AND no warnings given to the player as was stated in his own rules.
Now that is just

:rofl::rofl:

There are like 40 active players left in this leauge and stuff like this will make even more ppl leave.

As Heidi said:

If u cant handle flames and taunting then go back to IRL and Cry....

next time MyM follow ur own rulez, this just looks "bad"

I hope these rules apply to pug forum too.

byebye dj!

Lose the server MyM, we can use the money you save to run away together!

Last edited:
MyM maybe this isn't the place but w/e

1) please fix the navarone/server bug because last times ive picked it, it ruined pugs because people couldnt download it and those that had the map couldnt play it because we were all getting horrible lag even with only 1 or 2 people downloading the map

2) please reply to my forum PM

more on topic now
3) Im not as active as I used to be, I am biased in many ways. But im not afraid to take the blame and apply the rules you have just stated, Im even goona ban myself if I break them.
Heck sometimes i captain just to shut up the current #utapug flamewar going on :hangover:
Would't hurt anyone to be a bit nicer in general, if you play UT mostly for the flames... you're pretty fucken sad.
So, yeah I propose myself for pug admin and no it's not a joke.

DJ, mym is following his own rules. You're the one breaking them. Your warning was this topic.

Also, plenty of people have probably left due to the amount of childish flaming/winding up which goes on in the pug channel. It's about time everyone dropped the schoolyard "LOLZ U WENT EMO" attitude and acted more like adults (and yes that includes me). Just take your 1 day ban like a man and get on with it.

@ html:

While obviously who is admin is up to MyM, I don't think you're suitable as you're not active enough in the channel to keep an eye on things. What is needed is someone who is there, taking part in conversations and pugs most days. Who that is tho.. dunno :\

Last edited:
OK, for the benefit of DJ (again) and possibly some others.

If an admin sees you doing anything against the above, then you are banned, no warnings

If someone reports you for doing something when an admin wasnt around so cant check their own logs then youll get warned, saves ppl reporting others just to try and get them banned.

You want to use a bind you think is funny, fine, use it. You want to use a bind repeatedly, then youll get banned. Im not stopping people using lol or other binds but use them in moderation, using the same bind 20 or 30 times in the space of 1 map is excessive, using the same bind once or twice in a whole pug isnt.

@ html
1) thats dealt with by thrashers thread
2) its a reported post so moderators as a whole are dealing with it
3) No, certain people have offered to admin but they will be refused because appointing them will lead me to get more PMs about their behaviour than anything else. Doesnt matter what they do, people will complain about them and its not worth the hassle for me, So thanks for the offer but no.

GG mym.

What about ts??Kinda annoying when the people who arent on ts expect the captain to write down tactics/....why not just join ts and listen?kinda annoying for the captain and his team imo. Also helps whilst playing the map can say "name" il launch u now etc.

Sometimes people dont want to join TS or possibly no headset which is fair enough, so its a little harsh to force this.

DJ, mym is following his own rules. You're the one breaking them. Your warning was this topic.

Also, plenty of people have probably left due to the amount of childish flaming/winding up which goes on in the pug channel. It's about time everyone dropped the schoolyard "LOLZ U WENT EMO" attitude and acted more like adults (and yes that includes me). Just take your 1 day ban like a man and get on with it.

@ html:

While obviously who is admin is up to MyM, I don't think you're suitable as you're not active enough in the channel to keep an eye on things. What is needed is someone who is there, taking part in conversations and pugs most days. Who that is tho.. dunno :\
NOFI: Ross, you're better off letting MyM do the speaking. This all looks a bit hypocritical :rofl:

Also, smb :devil:

Actually this is all a bit overreacted imo. Can't see the point of refusing some lol binds, even if u do them alot, afaik else noone complained about this so far in a pug, or I never noticed.
I can see the point that you pay for the server MyM and I appreciate that, but believe me
-> the more rules - the less fun

Pug isnt a League match, it's there for fun.
Who can't stand the childish pug stuff shud stay away from it, been going well since a year without any new rules added.

Thats one of the main problems free^, people are either complaining in pug channels about things and not to me or they are complaining to me and not publically. Ive had complaints about some peoples binds, much more the ones you can view as taunts than a simple lol. Spamming the same bind every time you get a headshot. is that lol or a taunt? and you cant tell me its required.

I have also said Ive not banned any specific bind, Ive banned the overuse of them theres a difference, certain people need to exercise some self control which apparently they arent able to without someone forcing them to.

Try not to view them as rules but as guidelines, Ive not banned binds, Ive not banned people for talking in pug chan, they just need to not be so idiotic, no excessive spamming of mindless binds and shouting, swearing, insulting each other in the pug channel., the worst part about this is that I have to actually tell people this it should be common sense, theres no god given right to act like an arse!

Oh and I have rarely pugged because of the way people have been behaving, dont tell me that they should be allowed to behave how they want and I should go find something else to do, what gives them the right to force that upon me?

sorry mym to say that but pug went MeGakinDer with those rules, i think im not even saying anything anymore in any pug, not even come to ts anymore (sry lucy)

WHERES THE FUN????
if someone cant handle flames, he should play a game for 18+ people

IBM would say: she is no akzeptable or woot admin cry we this usw usf

These arent new rules, check the stickied rule thread from welll over a year ago, this post is to make people aware that im enforcing them because people are taking the piss.

General replies from those that disagree seem to be along the line, if I cant act like an arsehole then I dont want to play anymore. I would love someone to give a valid reason why they should be allowed to endlessly spam taunts and be rude to others (this is in public, I dont care what you do in pm)